Question Directed at Religious People

by Mr. Falcon 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

I had a JW explain it to me this way, years ago:

"There's 3 races, ya see: The black, the white, and the yelluh. Noah had 3 sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth. So the 3 races came from Noah's 3 sons."

Strangely, his findings were never published in any anthropological journals.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon
    "There's 3 races, ya see: The black, the white, and the yelluh. Noah had 3 sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth. So the 3 races came from Noah's 3 sons."

Short and concise.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

One reasoning I heard was that the genetic code of Adam & Eve contained all the necessary genes to cause the difference in color and so on. They used the example of recessive genes. For example, a child is born with red hair and neither the parents, grandparents, or extended family has red hair, where did it come from. Then looking many generations back into the family tree they see that some predecessor from 300 years ago had red hair. Not my idea but that was one explanation I heard. - Leslie

• Heaven
    Heaven

He missed the red and brown ones. Just sayin'.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The theory of Adam & Eve's genetic code is a pretty bold hypothesis. - Mr. F.

Maybe not so bad considering we know that everyone is descended from a "genetic Eve".

What creationists might not get is that genetic Eve may have had cousins of all sorts. It's just that, well, their descendents did not "make it". Only Eve's descendants "made it".

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

One reasoning I heard was that the genetic code of Adam & Eve contained all the necessary genes to cause the difference in color and so on. They used the example of recessive genes.

Interesting. I wonder if this would also indicate that God knew beforehand that there was going to be different nations.

• jgnat
  • sir82
    sir82
    He missed the red and brown ones. Just sayin'.

So you're saying Noah really had 5 sons?

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Good point Mr. Falcon. If the genetic code was there to provide for future different nations based on skin color, shape of the eyes, color and type of hair, would/should he have anticipated that future conflicts would arise from this especially when he is supposed to be responsible for the different languages as well. It seems to be a recipe for disaster. -Leslie

• prologos
    prologos

Mr. falcon, not every religious person is so naive so as to believe in Noahs wooden titanic. Are creationists religious people? So: a creationist might ask :

how were the human races created? or evolved=fluid creation? There is one human race, interbreeding is very successful, eliminating inbreeding problems (check the pure bred dog dilemma). some of us carry neanderthal genes. races must have developed from isolation of populations. the noah of bible fable needed only one breeding couple to get going again. They found the 5 daughters of "EVE" widely dispersed, the man carrying most of "ADAMS" genes in the steppes of Euro-asia. Humans were and are great travellers spread out and come together again.

Hitler had his Human Race lesson at the 1936 Olympics and what great athletes we have today. off topic: pronouce "goebbels" quickly in succession and you get his middle name "the turkey".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit