Idiot Ray Comfort (Banana Man) Blames Children's Murder on Dawkins and Hitchens

by cantleave 47 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

This is why I like free speech.

Let Him rave so that men may know him to be mad...

• Ticker
    Ticker

I'm not familiar with Ray Comfort and he probably should not have pointed the finger at specific people. He was probably trying to highlight the point - absence of objective morality in the atheist view system that they promoted and wasn't the most diplomatic. It would have been better stated to say that the lack of objective morals vs. subjective morals may have lead to a degredation of societal responsibility. This often goes the other way as well as I've seen prominent atheist speakers call creationist psychopaths. It's a poor choice in shifting to the person and not the ideal but it does regretfully happen sometimes in heated issues. It doesn't dismiss all his other material as irrelovant it just shows he made a poor choice in where he directed his view of blame. While the two men mentioned may have supported and promoted the view the real issue would be the views proposed lack of objective morals.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ticker,

You make a vlalid point but this is a perfect example of someone, even if they had a legit point, sabbotaging it with a personal attack.

You you have a point and your point carries weight and is legit, there is no need to "single out" individuals or call names.

• cantleave
    cantleave

He was probably trying to highlight the point - absence of objective morality in the atheist view system

Well that would have been total bollocks as well, don't you think?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    The reason for mass murders and violence in America, according to Comfort, is because "British redcoats"
    have "invaded our nation" and "stole the hearts of our children,"

I drink Too Much I`m on Drugs..

It`s Englands Fault.. Satan is British..

Ray Comfort and Mark Spence

.......................... mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• cantleave
    cantleave

Outlaw!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Well that would have been total bollocks as well, don't you think?

Yes because I don't think we are at a state when we need OBJECTIVE morals to knwo the difference between right and wrong since our subjective morals are at high enough of a level that, for most people, knowing right and wrong is not that hard.

Of course, whenever these things happen I question if that may be true...

• cofty
    cofty

absence of objective morality in the atheist view system - Ticker

I'm an atheist and I believe in objective morality.

I don't believe in morality be divine fiat that legitimises rape, kidnap, slavery, infanticide, genocide etc

• cantleave
    cantleave

The idea of subjective morality is a denial of causality. Actions will always have consequences, these come about because of laws associated with nature, psychology and sociololgy. Try ceasing eating or drinking, what will happen? You will die. Likewise if you break the social mores of decency or peaceful behaviour in your relationships with others, your life will be affected and even endangered. If you don't adhere to acceptable social values, you will live isolated from the benefits of society. If you compromise mental values, you will not have the mental capacity to reason our way through life. Without such values, you would easily fall prey to any received idea, any scam, you would have no capacity to manage your life. Causality is universal: actions have consequences, causes have effects, if we fail to follow the requirements of life we will fail to live. To me that is Objective morality without the need for any god given laws!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

To me that is Objective morality without the need for any god given laws!

Do you think we could have gotten there WITHOUT the "god given laws" to point to what was right and wrong?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit