Don't have the heart to turn the old sister away in person, gonna write a letter instead.

by Joliette 19 Replies latest jw friends

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Also......my condolances for having to live in Milwalkee. :)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wow, I'm 3 years shy of 50. Well actually 2.5 years now. I'm I supposed to feel old now?

Oh, and I agree with the above about being tactful and respectful.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Dang Jolette !! Those few times we've talked on the phone and you thought I was an old bird hunh . . (lol) I'm in my mid 50's

Since you opt to write a letter instead of speaking to her, since she's such an old bird ask her if she remembers The Truth Book and if someone asked her if they could study from that book would she do it, when she says they don't use that book anymore ask why and see what kind of flip-flop answer she gives you, also ask about the Paradise book, since the Bible has never changed, why are these books no longer used since BIble scriptures are quoted through both publications.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

You did say she was "sweet to you". That's nice... Offer to be her friend. Just a regular friend.
    Tell her the rest too; about not going back and not reading the WT & AW.
    She may need a regular friend. She may not now..but eventually.

• wasblind
    wasblind

A devout Jehovah's Witness don't know how to be friends

to people who don't attend the hall without trynna convert them

or pull those who left back in.

The Sugar coated sweetness is only a ploy. Jehovah's witnesses

can't be a real friend to anybody, especially when that friendship

is conditional

Question : Does this sister visit joliet only when placin' a Mag ??????

Another Question : Does this devout sister make it a habit to hang out wit the " spiritually weak " ????

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm not saying this woman doesn't truly care about you,but unless she has outright asked if you want to study again,you're just an easy magazine placement to her.

So,I wouldn't feel bad in just politely telling her that you don't read the magazines. And you aren't interested or have the time to discuss the religion.

And I wouldn't write her a letter. She would probably show it to the whole car group and it may get back to your parents.

As far as writing your parents' congregation,I don't see how that would help matters in any way. They wouldn't take a letter from someone not a Witness too seriously. They don't even take letters from Witnesses too seriously.

We had a sister in our hall who used to write scathing letters when she had problems with someone. She wasn't taken too seriously and everyone laughed at her behind her back.

I also don't know what the big deal is with a 17 year old talking with a 21 year old. It's not too big an age difference. My brother married his wife when she was 17 and he was 20.

• ohiocowboy
  • Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

sorry but you are just an easy RV and placements on a monthly report to her.

Yeah she's nice and all, but the caring don't go past the JW mindset.

She is NOT old. Sock her between the eyes with the truth, the REAL truth.

she'll toddle off and not give you another thought.

Oz

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree too about being tactful and respectful, to the lady, not her beliefs.

The last time I was offered some WT Mags, when they were 32 pages long ! I told the Bro. that I could download any I wanted from JW.org anytime, but that I would never do so.

I said that I had educated myself since I left the W.T, and that the mags were way way behind where I was now. I could have said about 150 years behind but did not.

He left with a puzzled look on his face, bless him.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Gee whiz guys, late 50s isn't "old." "Old-er," perhaps, but definitely not ancient.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit