"THE LIGHT JUST GOT BRIGHTER-----AGAIN"

by new boy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

I like the society never apologize anymore! If I say something wrong or do something incorrect I merely say excuse me “the light JUST got brighter.” Most people look confused when I say this, as do the people in the watchtower bible tract society, but I felt it works for them,------------ its good enough for me.

Excuse me “ The light just got brighter” Yes I like the sound of that.

One member of the writing department said to another “ we really got this disfollewshipping thing wrong-------- first we say we can’t talk to them. Then we say we can {1974} then we say they can’t again {1981}------- What do we tell them Fred?-------“A---------------Tell them the light just got brighter! Yea ----------that will work. Remember we don’t make mistakes!” --------------well what about 1975? One more question and you are going to the bindery! Sorry my light just got brighter”

Well I guess God must be on a dimmer, high , low, high, low-----------

• belbab
    belbab

Newboy,

You do not know the scriptures, don't you remember Daniel saying thatthat they will run to and fro in the last days and knowledge shall be increased?

belbab

• Deleted
    Deleted

Remember that a blinking light gets replaced, burns out or both 8-]

Deleted

All along, The Watch Tower
    Told a pack of lies
    Too many broken promises
    So much wasted time

• rekless
    rekless

There you go talking about tacking again, damn the wind full speed ahead.

Hell is truth seen too late. H.G.Adams

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

belbab:
    yes.....the JW's will run "to and fro" and everyone else's "knowledge" of their lies shall be increased.....

• Will Power
    Will Power

"that they will run to and fro in the last days and knowledge shall be increased? "

Will they ever catch up to the rest of the thinking world?

back & forth, back & forth, never getting anywhere - thats a bible quote I'm sure

• apostate man
    apostate man

The "new light" excuse is the lamest excuse I think I have ever heard. The GB can't say "we are wrong" they say "new light".

Well, here is the skinny on that.
    Basically, they are blaming God for any previous mistakes that were done according to the old light. Lets say a child dies because she needed an organ transplant. 10 years later WT has new light saying that it is OK now to get a transplant. Who's fault that this girl died? It truly happened in error. The same little girl would be alive if it happened today. Right? So instead of saying they made a mistake, they put ALL THE BLAME ON GOD by saying that God did not give us the correct information. So, if that's true than it's Gods fault. God IS PERFECT and makes no mistakes.

Now, what about all the JW's that have died before all the current "new light"? Hardly any of Russells beliefs are still in practice today. He was the "one" right? The loedocian(sp?) Messenger?
    He practiced all sorts of wierd things, like pyramids, crosses, etc. Surely the founder of the Borg would be ready for heaven and be one of the 144,000.

Belbab, what is that scripture?

• zev
    zev

the governing body, to my knowledge, have never apologized for anything.
    they always blame the rank and file for the decisions THEY made.

they word it like this: {11-1-95 P 17 wt}
    "Eager to see the end of this evil system, Jehovah's people have at times speculated about the time when the "great tribulation" would break out, even tying this to calculations of what is the lifetime of a generation since 1914."

and who makes these speculations? prophesies? predictions?

none other than the governing body.

i need a barf bag.

Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America
    U.A.D.N.A.--Rhode Island

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Interestingly they often comment on Adam's sinfulness when he said "She made me do it." When it comes to their own sins, whose example are they following?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

>>and who makes these speculations? prophesies? predictions?<<

Oh fer cryin' out LOUD, Zev! (Hands on hips, rolling eyes, big exasperated sigh)......You know good and well that those of us who were in the Org back in the early seventies, just took tiny bits of information from "here and there", and RAN with it.

We imagined what was said at the conventions, we misread what was in the publications, we never heard ANYONE discussing this in car groups or get-togethers, and we never adjusted our lives accordingly with what we didn't hear.

We DID tell all our "worldly" relatives, and all our "worldly" acquaintances, neighbors, and householders out in service, to warn them of how short the time was "til the END of this system of things".

As I was busy severing ties with many wonderful old friends (bad association for me, cuz *I* was one of JEHOVAH'S people now), my best friend had very quietly said to me, "On January 1, 1976, I expect a phone call and an apology from you".............

I have thought of that moment so often over the years.

We moved out of state in 1974.

I SHOULD call her.

Shredded families and ruined lives;
    The WBTS has MUCH to answer for......

Hugs,

Sunspot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit