Musings on today's dishonest text.

by Slidin Fast 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

This daystext illustrates the fundamental dishonesty inherent in everything the WT society does.

(Acts 17:10, 11) . . .. 11 Now the latter were more noble-minded than those in Thes·sa·lo·ni′ca, for they received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so. . .

Thursday, January 3

The [Beroeans] were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, . . . carefully examining the Scriptures daily.—Acts 17:11.

‘Did the Thessalonian Christians have appreciation for God’s Word?’ you may wonder. The comparison made above, however, was with the Thessalonian Jews in general, not with the Christians. Those who became believers ‘accepted God’s word, not as the word of men, but as the word of God.’ (1 Thess. 2:13) The older men must have worked hard to feed such ones spiritually. Today, the faithful and discreet slave class is providing God’s flock with “food at the proper time.” (Matt. 24:45) Under the slave’s direction, the local elders work hard to feed their brothers spiritually. To satisfy the congregation’s spiritual needs, the elders spend hours preparing meeting parts so that they can present the assigned information in a meaningful way. Have you thought about how much time the elders spend preparing their parts for meetings, assemblies, and conventions? w11 6/15 4:4, 5

Notice how the thrust of the scripture has been blunted from the recommendation of cool critical appraisal of information. Now we are expected to suck information from the “slave” as unquestioningly as a new-born babe from it’s mother’s tit. I say to you WT Society, I have critically evaluated your offering for today in the light of the the scripture you selectively quote (Acts 17:11) and I find you wanting.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Well, that's a vomit-worthy daily text. And comment.

It's like, you can do all the research you want - as long as you use the Watchtower Library.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

And local elders spending long hours preparing spritual food? Not any i knew

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

This sort of thing that the WTS prints used to drive me crazy: what is the point? where is the relevance? There is no relationship between the scripture and the commentary. The WTS has corrupted the meaning of the verse to suit their own purpose- control.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

from what I can see, the WT has no shame now with these texts and articles in the WT. They really have such control now that black is white, and white is black, when they declare it to be so.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Wait... for assemblies and conventions, don't they just use talk outlines already prepared by the Society (which they have to stick to with no deviation)????

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Let me get this straight.....

FDS = 144,000 (+ "food at the proper time) = God's Word = God's Law + Active Force = God

so.... the Governing Body is made up of imperfect men, so sometimes they are wrong, but they interpret God's Word and are His channel, so therefore what they say equates to God's Word.

But God is never wrong. Sometimes the GB is; they are imperfect men. But they give God's "food" to us, which is God's Word. And His Word is perfect. So the GB is perfect. And.. I... I.... <WARNING> SYSTEM OVERLOAD ERROR 100101101...... HIT F8 TO CONTIN.... ERR&3... S?STEM F9IL)RE

• blondie
    blondie

I prefer this scripture because it is applied to Christians (not people studying to be)

1 John 4:1

Beloved ones, do not believe

every inspired expression,

but test the inspired expressions

to see whether they originate

with God, because many false

prophets have gone forth into the

world.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Amen, Blondie!

• Pyramid Scheme
    Pyramid Scheme

That is a disgusting daily text. Sorry, but all we served up as elders was regurgitated S--- Sandwiches.

Even hours spent preparing a public talk involved very very very little BIBLE research.

Also, it wasnt until I became inactive did I realize how often the FDS is thrown into EVERY subject more and more.

They are going to hold on to their power and authority right down to the bitter end.

That was very nice encouragement from the Reich Ministry of Propaganda -errrrrr....the FDS.

Joe Goebbels would be proud.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit