Do we need to know? Are we trapped in the thought?

by cyberjesus 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

When I learned TTATT i fell in deep depression. after i came out of the depression i started to look for the Right religion.. I wanted desperately to find the "truth" . I was confused since many top Xjw went different paths. One of them even went Atheist...

until some one pointed said : What if the premise is wrong, what if you dont need to find a right religion at all?...... That thought made me go nuts.... Was i lied about that too? Here i go another 2 days in bed..

then then next stage was to find who was the true God... But this time i applied the same test, what if the premise is wrong... What if there is no god at all... Bed here i go again..... The next day it was like removing a filter off my eyes.... The day light looked different. I was unplugged for a second time of the matrix.

here i am again coming still to a forum for ex cult members.... I understand where they come from... But do they understand where i come from?

i see countless threads with very intelligent people commenting on why not to believe in a God..... and i ask myself...why even debate on that concept?

What if the premise is wrong? where does the God concept come from? why even be interested in that?

do you feel is a waste of time talking about why the WT is a cult?

do you feel is a waste of time talking about why the bible is a fantasy book?

do you feel is a waste of time talking about why religions are stupid?

do you feel is a waste of time talking about why the God/creator concept is ridiculous?

Are you still trapped in any of these thoughts?

• Satanus
    Satanus

As a group of cult survivors, who argue about god all the time, we are a curious bunch. The average person, who has never been exposed to cultism doesn't do that. Religion and the god concept is basically shunted to the back of the mind and the daily living is the preoccupation.They tend to live more in the moment than do cultists who live in the past and the future.

S

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

yeah i guess the questions are more for me.....

why do i even bother to click on a thread that talks about what the WT printed on 1922 or 2012?

there has to be an exit to this vicious cycle.

i think that i intellectually skip 99 percent of the new threads... i just jump in the threads to poke, not because i am really interested in discussion, i dont think there is any real topic that interest me anymore. except when i think they are gonna be funny.... or sometimes thought provoking by a few posters.

I dont even care to discuss the fantasy topics of deism. however i continue to get hooked.

is it an addiction or just a habit? the habit of studying nonsense that i developed over the cultic years?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

yeah i guess the questions are more for me.....

why do i even bother to click on a thread that talks about what the WT printed on 1922 or 2012?

there has to be an exit to this vicious cycle.

i think that i intellectually skip 99 percent of the new threads... i just jump in the threads to poke, not because i am really interested in discussion, i dont think there is any real topic that interest me anymore. except when i think they are gonna be funny.... or sometimes thought provoking by a few posters.

I dont even care to discuss the fantasy topics of deism. however i continue to get hooked.

is it an addiction or just a habit? the habit of studying nonsense that i developed over the cultic years?

• Giordano
    Giordano

Yes to just about everything........ you've nailed it. I discovered that the premise was wrong 45 years ago and my wife and I left arm in arm......... skipping all the way. No depression. It felt like I had woke up from a bad dream. 'Nothing's chasing you Gio it was just a dream. Yes your ok just as you are, no need to think, walk or talk a certain way to fit in with the JW's anymore. Put away childish things and a back yard god and start thinking about real things'.

I am so far off this thing, religion, god etc. that I don't even think of myself as an atheist or even non believer as in how can you believe or not believe in non.

Look at all the time I saved, I didn't have to unlearn anything about something that wasn't there in the first place.

I don't waste time with 607, the flood or generations or any scriptures or translations I never post or speak to those non issues. For those of you who have a different take on these matters let me clarify My Tradition was Christianity that's how I was raised, that's how you were probably raised. If what I just said had been about being a Hindu, or Muslim you would understand about getting away from a premise. It's just when it hits close to home that it pinches a bit.

"do you feel it is a waste of time talking about why the WT is a cult?" No I don't feel that's a waste of time because on this site we reach out to those who think it's really something. It is but it takes a little work to understand that it can be destructive, at times evil and even life threatening. And people come here to get help breaking those bonds and that is important to me.

"Are you still trapped in any of these thoughts?"

The belief? The search for a spiritual answer? No............Thank god

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

but why are we really still here? are we avoiding something?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe, not avoiding. Maybe, stuck on the past, to an extent. Maybe, we can't fully let go of our past lives and the fantasies that we lived. 'Course, some of the people and friends of jw world that we had weren't fantasies. They are hard to let go of in our minds, mine, anyways.

S

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

maybe we are seeking understanding.... and this is the most likely place to find that.

i dont think I am stuck in the past... not conciously. i spent time thinking I wasted my 39 years of my life... i think that things are what they are... i am looking forward to an exiting future, however long it might be.

could it be that we are looking for someone to bounce our thoughts off?

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Dear cyberjesus, people do things for different reasons.

Some are here in the spirit of "Never forget". They need some kind of assurance that they are on the "right path" now.

Others are here to help others to "get it" or to lend a helping hand to the ones that are suffering and come here to vent.

For others it's just the habit to come back to a forum that helped them many years ago. Now it is just chit chatting as in any other forum.

Myself, I don't have to find any truth. I construct my own truths. I left 2 years ago, but it wasn't hard in the sense of losing faith or searching for god. Just the loss of family and friends was hard to me. I became a non believer, atheist or whatever you want to call it during my time at Bethel. I never visited a website before I completely lost faith in the Bible as an inspired book. I was an elder and worked closely with people from the Writing Department (Publishing), but many things drove me into a state of not being interested anymore in the "universal questions".

I have found inner peace. I don't care what happens after death sets in (hint: nothing. Atoms go back to the pool of atoms. Nothing special.)

I enjoy the now and the present.

• Giordano
    Giordano

"could it be that we are looking for someone to bounce our thoughts off?"

Sure who else knows what you or I experienced....... all the little ins and outs of being a JW. In my 45 years out I never mentioned that part of my life. My son knew his grandmother was a witness but we didn't really get into it. His jaw dropped when he got on this site and read some of the really moving experiences and my wife can go into a quite rage when she learns that someone was badly treated by the Elders.

I also get a kick out of how funny some of the stories or conversations are. If you want a few laughts check out my story:

http://freeminds.org/index.php?option=com_finder&view=search&Itemid=676&q=confessions+of+a+wayward+pioneer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit