Should people be able to live on the dole ?

by fulltimestudent 24 Replies latest social current

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

You people need to move to California.

We have it good here, everyone is welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luo40WjBKWI

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m from the land of OZ and I knew of full time pioneers who were collecting the dole in the 70`s and 80`s who rationalised they were unemployed doing volunteer work for the good of the community and had no qualms about receiving the allowance from the society and receiving the dole from the Govt. It`s easy to rationalise what you want to beleive. While I dont have a job I`ll pioneer and of course I don`t really want a job because I`ll lose my pioneer status and prestige in the congregation .You use satans system of things to your advantage , it`s called theocratic warfare .

smiddy

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

The cost of childcare is a prohibitive factor in the UK.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Knew a guy in montreal who did. He loved being in nature, and swimming in the st lawerence river, so welfare allowed him to do that. He drove a bicycle. He also found a veggie store w lots of stuff going into the bin. He would check it a few times a day. He seemed to enjoy his life.

S

• brinjen
    brinjen

Wouldn't be quite to easy to special pioneer and claim the dole nowadays. Once you've been in the system for a few months you now have to agree to spend around 20 hours per week on activities like volunteer work, study, training etc. Not a problem for those who do want a job as there are various options available. I have a few ideas I plan to be discussing with my case manager if the times comes as it does help people get back into the workforce. Not so easy if you're a special pioneer with no time for a job...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit