I'm in, and having a hard time biting my tongue sometimes

by noonehome 22 Replies latest jw friends

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

Lol, the telescreens. Yes.

Welcome!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome noonehome!! To answer your question " is there ANY way to SAFELY talk about doubts?" (to a JW in the Truth), t he short answer is NO. However you might be able to ask simple questions to get your JW friends who are in the truth to think. I would suggest reading Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones to Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs") and visiting his website. If you have a Kindle, I would recommend buying Steve Hassan's Freedom of Mind e-book, so that you can read something interesting at meetings and assemblies.

Post frequently and talk about your feelings as much as possible on JWN so that you can rid yourself of frustrations that may occur because of talking with "Spiritually Strong" (brain-dead) JWs.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

Hey alright someone my age! Haha

I'm still in as well and in the exact same situation as you.

It's very hard to communicate doubts without making them feel like you don't believe. Plus if the elders get word of it, I know of cases where brothers have been d'fed for "causing divisions of any kind" within the congregation.

Now even though I'm not sure what kind of divisions were caused, we all know here that they hate divisions based on a mentality not in agreement with the governing body.

But I've gotten a few of my friends to think, one is currently heading for inactivity and that's given me a lot of liberty to show him little bits of the truth about the truth from the watchtowers own publications.

But sometimes it does get very difficult and that's when this site comes in handy! Sometimes talking to others on here who think alike and are free to share their ideas and doubts can feel very good.

I hope the best for you and welcome to the forum!

OneDayillBeFree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit