Has the GB ever explained how they receive "new light" from Jehovah?

by cobaltcupcake 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I remember a long time ago the explanation was that various anointed ones would write to the GB with the same new understanding of a teaching, the GB would investigate it, and if it was acceptable, they'd pass it on to the R&F.

Of course, now we have the new light that new light occurs only to the GB, not the anointed at large. So, if any anointed ones get new ideas, they're just apostates, right?

And what about the fact that in receiving new light they're communicating with the spirit world? How do they know it's from Jehovah, not Satan? angel demon

And why did I ever believe that a bunch of old men in Brooklyn had a direct line to Big J? bad mood

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

At the annual meeting they said " There is no hole in the ceiling above the GB's office" , or something dumb like that. So I guess that there is no direct line to God. Still you must believe them in everything, or else.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

have they ever really explained anything?

• blondie
    blondie

(Matthew 16:19) 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of the heavens, and whatever you may bind on earth will be the thing bound in the heavens, and whatever you may loose on earth will be the thing loosed in the heavens.”

(Matthew 18:18) 18 “Truly I say to YOU men, Whatever things YOU may bind on earth will be things bound in heaven, and whatever things YOU may loose on earth will be things loosed in heaven.

Of course, the WTS says the gifts of the holy spirit died out after the apostles died. So that means no GB have holy spirit in that way. I asked several GB members how they knew, was it as individuals and then they shared at their Wednesday meetings, or did the holy spirit tell all of them at the Wednesday meetings at the same time....but they denied that.

Basically it would be the BOE meeting spiel, read God's Word the product of holy spirit, pray to God for the holy spirit, they are appointed by holy spirit, but no idea how the spirit guides them, how do they know

Notice how they dance around the scriptures above>

*** w81 2/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Are Jesus’ words at Matthew 18:18-20 to be understood to mean that heaven is bound by decisions made by men on earth?

These verses read: “Truly I say to you men, Whatever things you may bind on earth will be things bound in heaven, and whatever things you may loose on earth will be things loosed in heaven. Again I truly say to you, If two of you on earth agree concerning anything of importance that they should request, it will take place for them due to my Father in heaven. For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst.”

As the New World Translation (here quoted) and some other translations show, the things that are ‘bound’ or ‘loosed’ on earth are things that have already been ‘bound’ or ‘loosed’ in heaven. The Greek words here used literally mean “having been bound” or “having been loosed,” which are in the perfect tense, passive voice. In other words, the tense suggests that the action had already been decided upon in heaven and is merely reflected in what is subsequently decided upon on earth by those who wish to reflect “wisdom from above.” (Jas. 3:17, 18) “Bound” would refer to being found guilty for punishment; “loosed” would refer to being found innocent.

These words of Jesus follow his discussion of the procedure that should be followed if a servant of God has a major “fault” to take up with his brother. (Verses 15-17) This could lead to the charge being taken up by the “congregation” in that the matter would come before the responsible brothers in the congregation for review and judgment. If the charge was proved true and sufficiently gross, with the individual showing no repentance, the result would be that this one would be considered as “a man of the nations and as a tax collector.” He would be disfellowshiped. All of this, of course, would require deliberations. And these deliberations are what Jesus had reference to in verses 18 to 20.

Since holy spirit would come to Jesus’ disciples through Jesus from and after Pentecost 33 C.E., it could be said that “where there are two or three gathered together in my [Jesus’] name, there I am in their midst.” All gathered to review the matter would need to be alert to the leadings of Jehovah’s spirit. Particularly would they need to weigh matters carefully in the light of his Word, including the instructions and teachings of Jesus, to see what Jehovah’s mind would be on the alleged conduct and what should be done if the evidence proves the charge as being true and the individual does not repent. Of course, those weighing matters impartially might find the accused innocent, or there may be insufficient evidence.

In the first century, Christians had miraculous operations of Jehovah’s holy spirit in some matters of judgment, such as in the judgment of Ananias and Sapphira. (Acts 5:1-11; 1 Cor. 12:4-11) After miraculous gifts of the spirit ceased with the death of the apostles, Christians have not expected direct miraculous indications from heaven as to how a matter should be decided. (1 Cor. 13:8-13) Nevertheless, we still have what Jehovah’s Word says about proper conduct and how matters should be decided. We can, in effect, determine what has already been decided on a matter in the heavens. Admittedly, due to human imperfections, mistakes in judgment are made at times, but this only emphasizes even more the need to adhere closely to the instructions in Jehovah’s Word in handling matters so as to be assured that what is decided is what has already been decided in heaven.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

The GB has yet to even receive a postcard from God, Jesus, or even the Easter Bunny. They're just a bunch of old guys with a really high opinion of their own opinions.

• Think About It
    Think About It

There is no great & powerful Oz giving light to the Emerald City. The man behind the curtain is the Governing Body. New light comes straight from the Legal Department. The WTS is a man made religious publishing house corporation keeping the JW fantasy alive.

• stillin
    stillin

Blondie:

WHAT! No Urim and Thummin?!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

In Crisis of Conscience, Ray Franz said there was no mechanism for "anointed" ones to communicate with the GB and the GB did not seek out the advice, counsel, insight, whatever of any "anointed" ones.

Now that the GB = the FDS and the rest of the "anointed" are out, that troublesome little detail is no longer an issue.

• wasblind
    wasblind

We can, in effect, determine what has already been decided on a matter in the heavens. Admittedly, due to human imperfections, mistakes in judgment are made at times, but this only emphasizes even more the need to adhere closely to the instructions in Jehovah’s Word in handling matters so as to be assured that what is decided is what has already been decided in heaven.

Bottom line: everything the WTS ever taught was completely wrong and wasn't in line wit' God

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

They receive it not too long after they eat Taco Bell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit