Its 2014 NEXT year. What will the spin be?

by Slidin Fast 38 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Don't forget the 120 years for Noah possibility. You have to add 20 more years. Then with 1 year to go the new light is revealed. Christ returned invisibly in 2014 instead of 1914. So now you have to start again and add 120 more years to 2014. That gives plenty of time for baby overlappers to still be living before the end! The real end... no seriously, for real this time....

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Did someone say... SPIN DOCTORS? I love these guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdy_rct6uo

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Wha Happened?, You are correct about the thinking of some. He gives us fake truths as a trial run. He must be weeding out the weak, perhaps those not faithful enough to the WTBTS. Think I am kidding? Check out this post from another site.

Daniel Metz says:December 26, 2011 at 2:24 am

I have looked at this site and it strengthens my faith that Jehovah God is using the Governing Body to remove the unsuitable fish from the dragnet. It has helped me understand the psychology of the "Conscious Class", those who are just pretending to be Jehovah's Witnesses but don't really believe what is taught in our publications, but don't have the honesty and the faith in Jehovah to ask for help regarding their doubts, or the honesty to disassociate themselves from the congregation.

This site helps to distinguish those who truly support Jehovah's sovereignty and are ready for a world in which the obedient will be raised to perfection with the "waters of life", from those who live a double life and think that as long as they fool the elders everything is OK.

Jesus said: ( Matthew 11:25-26 ) . . .At that time Jesus said in response: "I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes. 26 Yes, O Father, because to do thus came to be the way approved by you.

Only babes will understand the truth of God's word. Brothers Russell, Rutherford, Knorr and the Governing Body since then have been "babes", humble enough to preach the good news and humble enough to be corrected when needed. The predictions of dates for the end which they believed in and printed allowed Jehovah to sift out those only serving God to get a reward and not because they love God's sovereignty, just as Jesus sifted out the selfish among his disciples when he taught them about eating his flesh and drinking his blood.

Raymond Franz on the other hand, was a man who did everything he could to furnish his career, who feared persecution, who loved writing and giving talks but disliked preaching, and who lived a double life for at least a decade because he loved the attention he got as a member of the Governing Body, as I have gathered by reading between the lines in his book Crisis of Conscience.

Yes, this guy is serious. He is obviously a troll. No doubt given permission by the WTBTS to go on the net and wage theocratic warfare. This kind of guy is the worst because he knows that it is not true. The normal rank & file simply do not think like this. Most are very meek and good. That is why they are deceived. But this guy is a straight up Pharisee. He knows, but loves the lie.

• blondie
    blondie

Fernando, originally the WTS taught that Jesus began ruling in 1878 and had been present since 1874.

With tongue in cheek, I still say that 2034, 120 years as God pronounced remaining on Noah's time, could apply here.

As I understand it, Jesus has not chosen the FDS yet (no longer 1919) but it is yet a future time, maybe 2014.

I can't find it but someone said recently that at the circuit assembly the CO downplayed 2014.

Does anyone remember that?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Woooooohoooooooo my head is the spin! I'm feeling 2034, I'm feeling 2034

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don't remember any downplay of 2014. I don't think they are going to say anything about timing except to say " soon " and " in our lifetime ". Both phrases leave plenty of wiggle room. Imagine me in a nursing home decades from now ( headed to my sponge bath, of course ) telling everyone that the WTBTS are deceiving them! No one would listen because they won't even remember what was printed in 2014. They sure won't remember 1874. I will just be old Mr. Jenkins who needs his meds.... By that time all JW's will be kept in line by " MOTHER " and the Elderoids.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm hoping more Witnesses will start thinking and wake-up. But,the rest won't even get the connection. And they will be admonished not to serve Jehovah with a date in mind. Which is ironic for them,since they love their dates.

They can always fall back on the "a thousand years is like a day to Jehovah."

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Year Text for 2014:

" . . . in the last days there will come ridiculers . . . saying: 'Where is this promised presence of his?'" ~ 2 Peter 3:3,4

Doc

• wasblind
    wasblind

The WTS claim that Bible chronology pinpointed when god's fulfillment would take place________Reasoning book page 93

a pinpoint is a dot. Look at how many times the Jehovah's Witnesses have been wrong. Goes to show they can't even

connect a dot

Let's play connect the dots

Dot one : THE GENERATION THAT WILL NEVER DIE May 15, 1984 WT

Dot two : All Dead

Dot three : open your eyes

Dot four : Head towards the Door

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The predictions of dates for the end which they believed in and printed allowed Jehovah to sift out those only serving God to get a reward

Evidently, God uses lies & errors to test faithful Christians today.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit