Why I`m not against the death penalty....one reason...their are more

by smiddy 25 Replies latest social current

• smiddy
    smiddy

You have all read in newspapers , heard it on tv, radio ,of the 23 year old Indian woman student who was gang raped recently by no less than 10 men on a bus then severely beaten with an iron bar and then thrown off the bus in Singapore and has since died of her injuries .

Those perpretrators of that crime are deserving of the death sentence in my book .

If you willfully take a life or ,are a party to it ,you automatically forfeit your own life .That`s my philosophy .

What`s yours

smiddy

• designs
    designs

Life in prison and if and when these men show remorse share their writings so others may benefit. Education is key to changing the culture.

• smiddy
    smiddy

designs , I appreciate your response , though I disagree ,a life has been taken in a traumatic degrading and violent way for the victim ,this has nothing to do with culture , it`s rape and murder .

smiddy

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

I'll consider supporting the death penalty when we have a legal system that provides infallible verdicts.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Retrovirus, And in the case in question ? If these perpretrators are identified as the culprits ? What say ye then ?

smiddy

• JeffT
    JeffT

I don't know how the Indian prison system works, I suspect it is not as "nice" as those in more developed countries. However, if they are anything like US prisons, just assign them to general pop and make sure every one in there knows they are rapists. They'll soon wish they were dead.

• zeb
    zeb

• Think About It
    Think About It

In some cases I am for death quickly and painfully. I'll cite just 3 resent examples.

1. The Indian gang rape death. Do a quick trial, then death.

2. The guy who shot and killed the firemen. He should have been put to death long ago for killing his grandmother with a hammer. If he would have been put to death, then he could have not later on killed the firemen.

3. The guy who massacred all those people in the movie theater. Don't care if he claims he's insane or not. Quick trial, then death.

• dmouse
    dmouse

The line from Monty Python's Holy Grail comes to mind whith this sort on mind-set: 'We've found a witch, may we burn her?' How will we know the right men have been caught? The Indian police will be pressured to provide results quickly and it is possible, even likely, that anyone even passing near the area at the time could be accused, tried and convicted and yet be completely innocent. The death penalty, IMHO, can never be part of a civilised society.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    The death penalty, IMHO, can never be part of a civilised society.

No semantics. Men are caught and PROVEN to be the gang rapist violent killers. Death or not?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit