Hi All - Finally Posting Here!

by Pyramid Scheme 31 Replies latest jw friends

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

First off...Welcome! Thanks for taking the leap and posting. The more the merrier! Second, you Avatar is now, hands down my favorite ever. Very creative, and funny. Aptly shows the absurdity of the Org. You first paragraph described the way I feel....ya just wonder how many of us poor people that feel this way are stuck in, that feel the same.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome, PS! Your avatar is totally brilliant!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Welcome Pyramid Scheme to the forum, and how fitting and appropriate to identify what the WTS. is,

in all its containing strive for power and control. ( Evil Kingdom of the WTS.)

If more people studied how and to whom started this religion, they would realize this was just simply a opportunistic commercial venture

by individuals who were more pressed in attracting attention to themselves and their own published goods than truthfully comprehending

and interpreting the bible. An exercise in religious charlatanism.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Welcome to JWN. Look forward to reading your bio when posted.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Pyramid Scheme!! Since you like to read, have you read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs") or visited his website? Raymond Franz's books and Don Cameron's books help expose the WTBTS for what it is. Steve Hassan's books help you to emotionally heal.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the family!!!! Wonderful news about wifey ,go slow though,love will cover her fears

• Pyramid Scheme
    Pyramid Scheme

Thanks to everyone for your warmth and kind comments.

I appreciate the compliments on my avatar - another thing that helps all of us is a sense of humor!

Seriously though, the more I learned and really studied Russell and Rutherford, I learned what a total sham the religion has been from day one.

Whatever his motives, Russell was certainly full of it......just another charletan in a long line of them.

The guy that I believe is the most vile and disgusting of the bunch is Rutherford. Reading his writings and learning about him made me more angry than anything - what a scum ball. The thought that God or Christ had anything to do with that clown would be comical, if it didnt have such tragic consequences for millions of people.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Pyramid Scheme! Since you are a reader, let's see if I can come up with some good titles for you. I promise it has nothing to do with the WTS.

The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell

Iconoclast by Gregory Berns

Freakonomics by Steven Leavitt

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The guy that I believe is the most vile and disgusting of the bunch is Rutherford. Reading his writings and learning about him made me more angry than anything - what a scum ball.

I think most people would agree with that assertion PS , Russell was more of a salesman selling his theological interests which he himself grew

to absorb which was mostly contrived from other outside sources. Being that 1914 had past on gone might of been the reason that he stated

in his last Will & Testament upon his death no other pieces of literature should be published from the WTS.

The WTS. themselves just recently denied what the WTS. and Russell preached prior to 1914 ( We are preaching The Truth you know )

When Rutherford took over the WTS., thats where and when all the assuming power and corruption really took a foot hold to eventually form

the organization that exists today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit