A fun ridiculous JW story

by ilikecheese 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

So I work with a JW. Around Christmastime, everyone was leaving little presents for everyone else. At least, they were doing that for the people they liked and ignoring the quiet ones; all offices are just like high school! Anyway, someone knew that said coworker hadn't received anything, so they got them a very nice and thoughtful present because they didn't want them to be left out. When Crazy JW saw it, they flipped out and wanted the person to be reprimanded for daring to give them a Christmas present.

Needless to say, I'm pretty sure the wrath of crazy cult members won't result in this lovely person getting anything nice and thoughtful again.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

What an idiot.

Most JWs would have said a polite "thank you", perhaps explain that they don't celebrate Christmas but they appreciate the thought behind the gift, and left it at that.

At least, I would have.

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

My husband took a christmas gift from a co-worker this year. I asked him how that pagan candy cane tasted. Some dubs dont mind is because they NEVER get any gifts, so it makes them feel special also. My husband also accepted x-mas gifts...So not all dubs are like that. My husband is spiritually weak though. He is not at all hard core, but he stands by his indoctrined beliefs. He is a hypocrite.. some are some arent.

Anyways, what a crazy Johovo. Im sure he will have the reputation of crazy bitch

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

That's disgusting. Does she accept a Christmas bonus?

I was a very strong JW and always let my position on holidays and birthdays be known, but I would never insult someone by turning down a gift.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

What kind coworkers - to be concerned about the JW's feelings and get together to provide a present. They won't make that mistake again! What's wrong with a sincere and pleasant "thank you?"

• blondie
    blondie

I always accepted the gifts...but would respond in kind the next summer. My non-jw family and friends of my non-jw father would get us gifts saying, "We're not Jehovah's witnesses, and this is our custom."

It reminds me of the hypocritical jw I worked with. She would not eat any birthday cake the day of the festivities, but she would take several pieces, save them and eat it the next day. In her mind she was not celebrating and she told the non-jws this hypocritical explanation. I did not ever want to be the jw that called on them d2d.

To me it shows how many jws view non-jws as having leprosy, that they owe them no love.

• nugget
    nugget

What an idiot. I was always concious that someone had made an effort on my behalf and there was no malice in it. Saying thank you costs nothing.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Even when I was a dub I always accepted the gifts.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I know so many variations of celebrating Christmas while claiming that you do not celebrate the day.

It is hilarious recalling it. Once a year we were treated to the Macy's toy department. It had nothing to do with Christmas.

Watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade also had nothing to do with Thanksgiving..

I never understood where we stood. Of course, I wll take celebration over no celebration.

I see no hypocrisy for acknowledging the thought behind the gift and declaring that you are JW. You are saying thank you for the thought. A thank you is not endorsement of the Pope.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"...flipped out and wanted the person to be reprimanded for daring to give them a Christmas present."

Now there's an office full of householders that will never listen to JWs when they come a knockin'! Congrats dumb dubbie, all that hate is gonna come back your way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit