All the Single Ladies put your hands up!

by mojonogo 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

They say being a pioneer sure makes a guy more attractive to the girls at the KH-who cares where you work?

• moshe
    moshe

I remember the most attractive sister at my old KH up north somehow ended up with a brother similar to the guy in my photo- he worked construction, when he worked that is. He was trying real hard to impress her and by golly, he did it, by being an aux-pioneer. She wanted to get out of a bad home situation and agreed to marry him. They had a simple wedding and the honeymoon was straight back to a rented trailer in a rundown mobile home park. You can't believe how fast a beautiful 19 yr old girl can go downhill -why, in six months she was wearing muumuu dresses that would fit over a 55 gallon oil drum. Thank goodness for caesar's social safety net, it sure kept their 4 kids from going hungy. I even helped them out of being homeless one winter and offered them a place to live- while, they got back on their feet- Don't let anyone tell you they can't fit 2 large adults and 4 kids (and clothes) into a Ford Maverick and drive 1000 miles nonstop for free rent and free food- anyway, you can probably figure out how this ends up- (moshe was still learning how to recognize a deadbeat)- anyway, no job was good enough for Terry- a man with his talents couldn't start at the bottom. Since you can't really take a brother to court, I was stuck with a deadbeat brother and no rent, my mistake was saying "until you get on you feet", kinda no-rent agreement- so he was really good at being off his feet. It did get uncomfortable in that trailer when the power company shut of his electricity- summertime in Florida living in an aluminum box is murder. Fortunately, they cried and sobbed and somebody up in Illinois sent them gas money and an offer of construction work that paid more than Florida. I think it only cost me about $1000 or so for repairs and paint/carpet to fix the place up- FYI, don't ever rent to someone over 300lbs, unless you have real sturdy plumbing fixtures.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

welcome single dude.....

https://www.facebook.com/tate.borstelman

facebook if you want me

great story moshe... lol

• CADSkin
    CADSkin

If you've been married 13 years I'd say you and your husband are doing just fine. My wife and I have been married 18 years and had the same responses to our dating as teens that you did. I want my girls to marry late in life after having experienced dating many people to find the right one. Relationships are hard on their own without other people interfering. My wife feels the same way thankfully.

• Nambo
    Nambo

"Sorry this was so rambly I guess what I was looking for is if any one else had any similiar experiences with others trying to keep them from marrying or dating someone else even in the congregation, when your technically not doing anything wrong."

Yep, happened to me and it has completly ruined my life.

I was courting a Sister from a congregation about 200 miles away, trouble is, she was of a higher Caste than me, she was of the Pioneer Caste so when she came to my congreagation, the Elders convinced her that she should stick to her own Caste so she ended the relationship.

Thing is, I never met a girl before and certainly not since that I like half as much, so I havnt had a girlfriend since 1992, nobody else does it for me, Iam now too Old anyway so face the rest of my life in hopeless loneliness. Anyone else would be a compromise and grossly unfair on them.

It also put me off Jehovah for about 10 years as I belived the Golden Calf actually spoke with Jehovahs voice and it was he telling me I wasnt good enough to marry one of his perfect JWs.

One of the things they told her about me was that I was missing a few meetings, like they expected me to attend my congregation whilst simultaneously attending hers 200 miles away.

Bunch of evil ists whatever ism can be applied to the Caste system.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I know of a sister who married a CONVICTED PEDOPHILE, who's pedophila was also incestuous, because she was so desperate. The husband was banned by the courts from attending the KH where one of the victims lived, so he drove to another cong. about 15 miles away.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

When I first posted on this site,I was whining because I was still single and couldn't find a "brother".

Now,I'm so happy I didn't settle for some Witness "brother." I'd be stuck married to a Witness. And I may have not even learned the truth,about the "truth."

But,dating as a Witness is difficult. And everyone feels they have a right to express themselves about your relationship.

It sure complicates life,they like to make issues where there shouldn't be any.

I'm happy that you and your husband are still together after 13 years,it certainly proved them all wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit