All the Single Ladies put your hands up!

by mojonogo 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I'm single. When I was in the faith, I was pretty much the one that stood out because I simply would not bow down to the brothers, who thought they were gods' gift to us sisters, because sisters out numbered the brothers 5 to 1 so they could have their pick. Sisters were so desperate for a brother to notice them....I could not be bothered.

I had fun, I did my own thing and I saw many of my girlfriends submit to the guys' decision. Their boyfriends would go so far as to tell them I was bad association. So much so that while chatting to my one friend on the phone the boyfriend grabs the phone and starts faking a fight and telling the g/f what I was supposedly saying (all lies). Desperate to hold onto a brother, she believed him, even when I confronted him in front of her, she chose him.

Ah god I'm so glad I'm out of that.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I never dated while JW, but at 18 I was pushed into a bad marriage that I worked hard to make better. Worked for 27 years to try to be the perfect JW wife - submissive, diligent, respectful - and nothing ever changed.

Finally I realized that JWs were not the true religion and that exploded my reasons for sticking it out in a miserable marriage. Left 'em both in one fell swoop and haven't looked back.

So, yes I'm single.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LouBelle:

I can totally relate to what you are saying. I stood out for pretty much the same reasons as you but also because I wouldn't let all the users target me as they did all my single friends who didn't know how to say "No".

I didn't chase after any brothers either not just because it was shameful to me but because they didn't appeal to me or they had baggage that scared me away.

Although I saw other sisters grab guys I would not have, I am not judging them because some women need to be Mrs. somebody so badly that they will settle for anything but that is their choice and I wish them the best.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"better to never have a relationship than be in a bad one."

Amen.

It always creeped me out when I'd hear about these couples that married because they both wanted to go through Gilead or go to Bethel. That is no foundation for a marriage.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Oh, and I'm not a single lady, I'm a single dude.

Welcome mojonogo!

• Smily kelly
  • LouBelle
    LouBelle

smiley kelly I'm 36 and single - loving it.

• pearlsister
    pearlsister

Mojonogo,

left you a private mesage.

• l p
    l p

35 single female

likes long walks on the beach and moonlight dinners......

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

dating site?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit