? Curious: How many Jehovah's Witnesses leave to join "non-christian" religions, ie; Wicca, Pagan, Satanists, Buddists, Hindu, etc. ?

by Balaamsass 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

I was very puzzled by the evil spirit present and operating in a high number (but small percentage) of JWs - Fernando

How exactly did you detect these evil spirits?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

After leaving Jehovah's Witnesses 27 years ago, I looked into various Christian approaches to spirituality. Then examined Buddhism, Zen, the way of the Tao and various eastern offerings which impressed me greatly.

Nowadays I have lost interest in the whole idea of adopting any particulate spiritual discipline. I just live my life and enjoy the awesome beauty of nature. My mind is largely empty of ideas and devoid of all prescribed belief. In that silence and space I have found a greater tranquillity and appreciation of existence than ever before.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

He has a radar he bought from the internet

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

I'm in Maryland, USA. What appealed to me? Well, I was always into astronomy and most Pagan religions are nature religions. They track the seasonal changes. The second thing is that the Divine Feminine is honored unlike in Christianity. The Buddhism part of my path helps me to focus with meditation and chanting.

@Only Me - yes, I felt that I finally came home as well. I'm solitary also. I did not want to have to be initiated into someone else's idea of a religion. I'm free to pick and choose and make my own way.

@Fernando - you are ChristiJewslim? :) Interesting. How do you resolve any differences among these faiths?

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey QueenWitch!

The differences disappear when focussing on the gospel/bissar/injeel instead of religion (which is incompatible and divisive).

Judeo-Christian-Muslim scripture does not speak of faiths (plural).

Injeel, Ephesians 4:5 speaks of "one faith" (namely that of Abraham who was not a religionist).

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I listen to VooDoo alot by Godsmack.... Does that count?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSUQxGjZZ4

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I looked into wicca and satanist type religions. It was out of curiosity. We/I was never allowed or allowed myself to indulge in such things. I was no longer afraid of the devil once I realized he didn't exist. Same with god.

It fascinates me, but thats about it. I would never want to "join in" but wouldn't be opposed to observing one.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Voodoo godsmack is a great song and vid. I just listened/watched it about 10 times. I didn't get any witchey vibes from it, or anything that would put a person under. It did seem to clear my head, if anything. That's just me, though.

S

Ps, maybe, listening requires the addition of some spices or herbs.

• Elizabeth123
  • freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Not a strange question at all. Maybe so many of us are drawn to those kinds of ways you mentioned to get back to raw, to our roots. Exploring spiritual ways before they became so plastic....mixed with a hearty dose of feeling rebellious.

Some of the religions you mentioned are similar in that way...more ancient and/or nature-based. I'll speak for myself....I was comlpetely turned-off to any 'christian' religions (any religions, for that mattter) and drawn to pagan ways upon leaving the JW's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit