You guys rock!!!

by SophieG 21 Replies latest jw friends

• SophieG
    SophieG

Usually around the end of the year I look back at what I have experienced over the 12 months. One of the things that I must say 2012 has been a year of change and freedom and learning for me. I could NOT have gotten where I am mentally if it was not for you guys here are JWN.

I don’t post a lot, but I read almost every single day. I know more about my former form of worship now, than I did when I was in and I am not joking. I was more of a social JW and never paid much attention the confusingly insane doctrine. But I am grateful for so many of you who post some serious research and the dialogues have really helped me plant some seeds in the minds of those I love who are still in. Many of the things I learn here I have surreptitiously used and I can see wheels slowing turning in their minds.

You guys have taught me how to fade…better…and encouraged me to follow my heart.

But more than anything I think is the fact that almost everyone here is living a life outside of the org, and that really encourages me. I never thought this was possible, because I never thought one could leave and really be happy. I know some of us here are still struggling, some I know have lost hope *tears*, some are lurking and finding their way, and some of us are creating new adventures in JW Afterlife!

But the most beautiful thing is there are no more lies and there are real truths to be found as we search to make OUR TRUTH, OUR OWN! And I am so thankful that you guys here make that possible.

I wanted to say “thank you” now because I won’t be able to post anything coherent around December 31 st /January 1 st as I plan to celebrate my FIRST NEW YEARS EVE to wild obnnoxious abandon! I will be thinking about all you guys as I walk around with a bottle of bubbly in each hand!!!

Love ya guys!

Sophie

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Here's to no more lies, but a life of meaning and truth!

00DAD

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

I'll second that ....I love you too.. glad you made it here...

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Lovely post Sophie G, well done to you, enjoy your New Year's Eve in freedom and fun. This forum has helped so many, me included.

Loz x

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

SophieG you are a spledifolous person. Thanks for your post.

Oh, we'll rock alright........................I'll punk rock!! \m/ \m/

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Yaaaaaa, Sophie!!!!!! *grin*

• BabaYaga
  • SophieG
    SophieG

00DAD: hear, Hear!

Tater: {{{HUGS}}}

Loz: Thank you. I make more sense when I am not slightly inebriated! This post would have been far more hilarious after a bottle of champagne! I would probably end up banned! J

Punk! Awww… You’re the man! Weren’t you an elder?

I have to say thanks to all those folks who are still in “undercover” and doing the Intel. I have no idea how you do it. I suspect that one of my elder friends is a double agent. If he did not say something peculiar to me one day, I would have never left. I can’t say here what he said to me (protect the innocent) but it was what made me decide to fade out and he also gave me the idea that he would make sure I would be left alone if I quietly faded! So again, thanks to all the elders who are in!

Neverknew: J

Baba: Back at ya!

• happy@last
    happy@last

Continue to follow your heart

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

There has to be many 100s of thousands who are mentally out but cant leave for fear of losing family.

And growing every day

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit