• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Thank you Cedars for your research!

Happy new year to you!

Truthseeker

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have a few ideas for the future.

I noted that most of the countries with influence and growth are non-English speaking. Might it be a growth area for the "apostate" community to sponsor a kick-ass Spanish speaking discussion board?

The future of the internet for a good part of the world must fit on a cell phone. Ludwick Marishane in impoverished Limpopo came up with a waterless bathing solution, doing google searches and applying for fuding all through the tiny screen on his cell phone. Cell phones are given away like candy in countries like India because marketers know that people will work to the bone to afford a plan and connect to the world.

For Scott 77:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_Internet_users

• jgnat
    jgnat

I compared just over 50 countries where the population was over 20 million.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0At35nTnsuFeCdDk5VDIxUm53M05MZ2U1WGJueHhnSnc&single=true&gid=14&output=html

Anomalies are Taiwan and Malaysia. Both experienced 6% growth even though they have 60-70% internet penetration.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Cedars, I imagine you have been working very hard these past couple days. Thank you for these graphic presentations. Wow, this is evidence that can not be denied.

Are you seeing these figures Watchtower Society? Read them and weep.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Thanks for the hard work Cedars!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

TIME MAGAZINE: Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2008

Open quoteNo wonder they have to keep on knocking on doors.Close quote

• LUIS LUGO
    • Pew Forum director, on the high turnover rate of Jehovah's Witnesses, after the group released a report showing that Americans frequently switch faiths

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/quotes/0,26174,1717250,00.html #ixzz2GJe7Y0MZ

• shadow
    shadow

I took my stats courses over 15 years ago, but still remember enough to know that this doesn't prove anything.

perhaps someone with more recent experience could point out some obvious flaws?

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks everyone!

lol, shadow strikes again, my arch nemesis!! Fearless Protector of the Watch Tower Society!!

I took my stats courses over 15 years ago, but still remember enough to know that this doesn't prove anything.

You mean you were lured into the selfish temptation of higher education?! You naughty boy!! Your elders must have been VERY disappointed in you.

perhaps someone with more recent experience could point out some obvious flaws?

Sound like you want there to be flaws but can't think of any.

Honeybucket and Scott77...

can you explain to me how to read this. what is internet availibility

'Internet penetration for a country', what country? unnamed country? Must be specific.

Internet availability is the way I'm describing "internet penetration," which is the term used to describe the percentage of the population with internet access. The graph shows that, for countries with hardly any internet (0-9.9% of the population have it) there is considerably more growth than, say, the other end of the chart which represents countries where 90 to 100% of the population have internet access.

As to the identities of the countries represented by each bar on the chart, these can easily be identified by viewing the explanatory PDF I've produced, and scrolling until you see the part of the chart in question. For example, the countries represented by "90-100%" internet penetration are: Iceland, Norway, Falkland Islands, Netherlands, Sweden, Luxembourg, Greenland and Denmark.

daniel-p

Interesting. Also, what is going on at 20-29%? In every year, there's a clear valley there.

Yes, that is a curious anomaly. Mind you, that group of countries does contain some "odd balls" where there might be other local factors keeping the Witness growth rate down. For example, Georgia is hardly the easiest country in which to be a Witness, and I can't imagine the likes of Mongolia or Cuba being the most fruitful fields for preaching either. On closer inspection, the main reason could be that Nigeria (the country in that list with the most Witnesses) seems to have underperformed over the past 3 years, which is probably dragging everyone else down. Growth for Nigeria over the past three years has been 2.5%, 1.8% and 2.8% - more or less what you see on the chart.

Cedars

• erbie
    erbie

Poor Shadow, I think he's having doubts and that is why he is lurking here.

Get thee gone to thy shadowy realm from whence thou came!

Be gone I say!

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Could you also give the same figure, in correlation with pork flesh consumption and whether the houses mainly are consttucted by wood or stone?

Correlation is a tricky thing. Coca cola and vodka = you get drunk. Coca cola and rum = you get drunk. The correlation factor? Coca cola.

I am afraid you will have to look a variety of other factors that can distrub you otherwise neat figure, like age distribution of the population, rural or urban areas, democratic versus not so democratic countries etc. etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit