Hi I am new. Thanks for the food at the proper time.

by 2+2=5 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Welcome. We have coffee and drinks to your right. Always wear your name tag

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Congrats on your bravery and welcome x

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome dear newbie. Let us know if we can be of help.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

• smiddy
    smiddy

2+2=5

I`m just so happyfied when folk like yourself find the TRUTH . Isa.60:22.... If the jw`s can twist the scriptures to suit themselves then why can`t I.

smiddy

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Welcome!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Thanks all for the welcome.

Unstopableravens I have followed your story on here a bit. I hope everything turns out well with your wife and family it is a difficult situation but many here understand the dilemma. Hang in there.

Captain Obvious the 2+2=5 is actually a reference to the Radiohead song but no doubt Thom Yorke borrowed it from the book/author. I love Radiohead. I think if an all knowing infinetly powerful creator does exist there would be a few Radiohead songs that would blow even his mind. Anyhow I digress sorry for the blasphemy.

ABibleStudent I have read bits of the book online. I bought Captives of a Concept a while ago and thought it was excellent. I also read Historical Idealism and Jehovah's witnesses and that was brilliant. I don't now how anyone who is aware of how the JWs deliberately misrepresent there past can still swallow the crap they spew out. I guess the majority of the dubs don't know that they are lied to because they are told not to read anything outside of the society's teachings that are even slightly critical of the Borg. And anyhow, WHERE else would they go?

Hey Smiddy I am a fellow QLDer.

Thanks again all for the welcome.

I am married and have 3 young children. I was raised in the troof but left for a bit in my teens. Returned and got baptized when I was 20. In my late 20's now and My parents are in and some of my other family are.

I had doubts for years about some of the prophetic interpretations of the Society. I found the last study of the Revelation book unbearable. Pure speculation. On one page there it speaks about how the Theocrapic Misery School (I love these expressions i have learned here) is a fulfillment of prophecy! What the? Then there is trumpet blasts and who knows what else garbage I am doing my best to forget that crap. It should be called; Revelation - A Grand Speculation at Hand! With a disclaimer about how if you don't swallow it then you will be df'd for apostasy.

I have never believed that the UN will turn on Religon. I found that campaign we did years ago handing out pamphlets about how it's end was near embarrassing. Should have woke up then.....

There is more but to cut a long story short I stumbled across this site while looking on the Internet at alternate Daniel and Revelation interpretations. I didn't know if it was an apostate site or what. One of the first things I noticed was the humor on here.

Apostates are funny?? The society never told me that! I thought you were all mentally diseased!

I remember reading here someone asked for the Ministry school review answers, and the replys were so good I had to stick around and read more, and the rest as they say is history...

I suppose I had never really been 'spiritually strong', I find the WT study so tedious. They want us to prestudy it? The dude is gonna read it from the platform and stumble over every fourth word, i think I can absorb this info just fine on the day. Just to make sure we will have everyone say the same thing in there own style five times before they hand the mic to the resident nutjob who is so off track the study conductor is forced to move on.

Anyway I am getting a bit carried away.

Thanks again great site.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Gday 2+2=5

Welcome aboard glad to have you here

FSP in Brisbane

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

thanks 2+2=5 keep in touch!

• Fernando
    Fernando

A hearty warm welcome 2+2=5!

I pray JWN is as cathartic for you as it has been for many of us. May you make many fine friends here and be encouraged on life's journey and the many truly great possibilities outside the Watchtower.

Greetings

Fernando

South East Queensland

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit