My Story - Part 1 - by 88JM

by 88JM 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Great background to your story. Makes me feel old too, I remember Hellaby and lots of bros travelling over from North Wales to help out. Currently I'm involved in the Uni at Huddersfield and will be spending New Year in Knaresborough with friends. Isn't it a small world?

Loz x

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Great first installment!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Enjoyed your story so far............ looking forward to the rest.

I got out back in the mid 1960's when I was 23 up to then I felt like I had been playing for a losing team.

I regretted my late start in life and lack of college. After being in from the age of 12 I realized at age 20 it wasn't the one and only real religion. It may be interesting to note that it took me until I was 29 to start to feel that I had made up the 'lost' years work wise, friend wise, education (on the job training) etc.

On the other hand I was lucky to have met my wife when I was pioneering and she was happy to walk out on that life when I did. We will celebrate our 50 years together soon.

Christmas with our three grandchildren was great family fun today...... I am so happy that our son never had to experience the JW life style.

Was it a good decision to leave? Yes! Any regrets? None!

• clarity
    clarity

88JM ......

• bigmac
    bigmac

i finally broke all connection with the cult in 1981---after dithering for 10 years. i was then 33.

to any young persons reading this------walk away from it without a backward glance----you wont regret it. ive enjoyed 31 religion free years

since then. no regrets whatsoever.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I am so happy, you woke-up, with only, just, 25 years invested in this free volunteer program to help make this New York Publishing Company, a name for themselves, worldwide.

Your Dad donating his Father's professional plumbers tools, was a gift from the heart, to a heartless Corporation.

I hear you when you said you wish you had gotten out sooner. 88JM pat yourself on the back, that you were able to see, reason and get the heck out of Dodge when you did!

Listen. Obey. Be blessed? LoL More like...sit down, shut up and give us all time, your money and your life! Huh? What? You don't want to do that? Your OUT. NEXT.

Looking forward in hearing more of your life's journey.

Just Lois

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I have enjoyed the first part and looking forward to the second one. You are very fortunate you woke up at such a you g age.

• gorgia
    gorgia

Hi 88JM,

Lovely to read Part 1.

gorgia

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Enjoying so far-looking forward to part 2.

• BroMac
    BroMac

hellaby. $hit hole.

good stuff 88JM! sometimes I wish I knew the other side of our family, you know the Normal side. I have a couple of cousins that I keep in touch with but it isnt anything like 'normal', I blame the cult for keeping me seperate from the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit