Aussie Christmas...beach bakini's barbie boardshorts beer...anyone like that?

by Witness 007 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
  • finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

no, just the beer

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Woman in a bakini and Santa hat is hot!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

That is a typical Canarian Christmas. Barbeque, beer and a swim in the sea on Christmas Day just has to be done otherwise you may as well be in the rainy, miserable and cold UK

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Some Aussies have two Christmases so they have one in the cold and wet, just like Old Blighty,

Happy Christmas all Aussies and Kiwis !!!!!

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

This thread is worthless without pics my friend.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Fair Dinkum mate !

A couple of stubbies on Dec. 25 on Freemantle beach! Can't beat that !

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Haha - bugger stereotypes. Sydney had the wettest xmess I can ever remember. Last night's news, showed famous Bondi beach almost deserted. Only a few dedicated surfies riding waves.

Having a personal dislike for this Jesuistic, orgiastic celebration of myth, over-eating and consumerism, I had arranged with friends to travel down to the Nantian (southern skies) Buddhist temple at Wollongong and have a simple vegetarian meal. (not that I'm a Buddhist)

The wet weather put a kybosh on that.

So we went to Chinatown and had a simple food court meal. As usual, the place buzzed, not only with Chinese but with many other (I assumed) refugees from Xmess madness.

On the way home, I had a glimpse of humaneness at its most basic level.

Nearing my friend's home, I saw a car hit a dog, and drag it 50 metres as it was caught under the car. So we rang 000 to get the police to call the RSPCA. In the meantime the dog got free, though I'm sure it had a broken leg. Then three police cars turn up and we (my friends and I on foot) spent half an hour searching for a poor bloody, injured dog. Can you imagine that, in a big city like Sydney the police and a few insane contrarians could bother with an animal's welfare.

And, in that incident I think there was more meaning than in that bloated, perverted religious celebration we call Xmess.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    Haha - bugger stereotypes. Sydney had the wettest xmess I can ever remember. Last night's news, showed famous Bondi beach almost deserted. Only a few dedicated surfies riding waves.

Too late to see what Austrailia is like at Christmas time but looking forward to being in Hawaii,Tahiti and Austrailia in February....hope the weather's good by then.

• karter
    karter

Here in Auckland New Zealand ..wet ,humid xmas.

Karter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit