What does perfection mean?

by speargrass55 11 Replies latest jw friends

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

I was reading the thread about inheriting condemnation from Adam and eve. I would like your opinion on what was before that. We all know the Earth is hundreds of millions of years old. The Bible says we are six thousand yrs old. I would like your opinion on what the world was like from its formation till when man was condemned. Is it just man that is condemned or the whole earth? Is this condemnation restricted to earth or does it extend to mars, Jupiter etc. And since dinosaurs lived before the condemnation, how do they fit into the picture?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

36-24-36

Rub a Dub

• TOTH
    TOTH

My take would be that it's just man that is condemned.

Some jw's think perfection is some ridiculously blissfull state of being too. Never stub your toe, never cough or sneeze. Dumbasses...

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

If perfection for humans is to never die then animals must have been created imperfect and therefore "God's creation" was flawed from the start. To claim death is part of a perfect earth is absolutely laughable imo.

When I questioned this as a dub I was told that my love of animals was part of my imperfection and when that love of animals was replaced by a pure love for just humans in paradise I would not mourn animals.

So maggots, putrefaction and the general stench that goes along with rotting flesh is perfection is it?

Perfection is a concept for fairytales that end with the words "and they all lived happily ever after".

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah but remember we are like a cake tin with a dint in it and we are the imperfect bread....blah blah spew!!! Of course this is nonsense my dogs ARE perfect.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Ah, the infamous "dented bread pan" illustration. I always wondered what actually happened to Adam and Eve that made them start to age. How does sin change the body processes? Doesn't make any sense.

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

you raised a good point cobaltcupcake. Things is all material things age. Man, animals, plants, rivers, mountains, planets, stars all material things which have a begining do have an expiry date. so yeah, this inherited sin and death theorem makes no sense.

• cofty
    cofty

There never was a time of perfection.

"But we were born of risen apes, not fallen angels" - Robert Ardrey

Welcome Speargrass.

• prologos
    prologos

one wt definition of perfection was " fullfilling its designed purpose" or something like that.

faulty reasoning-- inside the flawed bible constraints-- too is when the wt opines: we humans sin because we are IMPERFECT. well,The created perfect satan, the demons. A&E " sinned" quite well did'nd they?.

perfection is not the bible picture, its the balance in nature.

peace

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Being able to pee with the toilet seat down and not splash anything on the seat.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit