Catholicism: Having Sex with Your Wife Can Be Adulterous

by Most Noble 21 Replies latest social relationships

• Most Noble
    Most Noble

Pope John Paul II urged husbands "not to commit adultery with their wives by desiring sex for its mere pleasure and the satisfaction of instinct" (Modras: 124, of 1980).

We weren't exactly expecting a sex positive response, but isn't it a tad over the top, and well, you know, WRONG to say that sex with your wife could even possibly be adulterous? The argument is that having sex for pleasure, rather than procreation, is against Church doctrine, but how on earth is that adulterous? Here's the definition of adultery, according to the Oxford dictionary, just so we're clear: (noun) voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse.

Interesting how this has nothing to do with sleeping with your wife. Just goes to show how solid everyone's reading of The Bible is (including those who define the words derived from it that we use every day.) Read more at http://www.ranker.com/list/the-13-weirdest-religious-sex-beliefs/rachel-stewart?page=2#5h0HeacpRvL3lotD.99

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Just goes to show JWs dont own the market on religious retardation.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I might have said this before - I HATE RELIGION!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Seeing as the WT has morphed into a version of Catholicism, i can see the WT actually using this view.

"Yes brother elder, my husband desired sex just to use my body for his own fantasy and now i want a scriptual divorce because thats a form of adultery"...

Oz

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Hey, anything that further marginilizes the R&F from each other (let alone the rest of the planet) can only help the XJW cause.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Asking the pope for advice on sex is like asking a Rabbi how to cure a ham.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    Asking the pope for advice on sex is like asking a Rabbi how to cure a ham.

LOL-Funny line, Cagefighter!!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Pope John Paul II urged husbands "not to commit adultery with their wives by desiring sex for its mere pleasure and the satisfaction of instinct" (Modras: 124, of 1980).

Sounds like the Pope is jealous about him not being able to get it on, he's left with eyeing up those little alter boys.

The hideous stupidity of religion shows again..... and again ..... and again ..... and again

• MrFreeze
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I believe that the pope and all Roman Catholic priests have sexual natures. Few Catholics believe what he has to say on sexuallity. There would be very small Catholic families even before modern birth control if it were true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit