Real xmas tree for the first time

by MMXIV 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Merry xmas to you all!

I have just set up my first real fir xmas tree at home after 7 years out. It was a great experience. Wasn't expecting to have to water it - so little I know about these things!

Long gone are the feelings of embarrassment and humiliation I felt when school friends would come home and ask where my decorations were and I would try an justify we hadn't put them up yet. I didn't want to be different and tried to fit in despite being kept out of religious classes and all xmas activity.

In the past I've had JW family turn up uninvited at xmas to catch me out - they won't this year as they're not welcome - I won't open the door to them. The fridge is full of wonderful food and drink, the xmas lights are on and the festive season has started for me and my non-JW friends / family :-)

I wish you all a lovely xmas and for those still in, enjoy a few secret xmas treats until the year you get to enjoy it for real!

mmxiv

• Pig
    Pig

sounds good. Christmas seems so non-jehovah witness. People are happy, singing and giving gifts..that doesnt sound very JW.

I am so blessed to eat well and live well, but i always feel down at christmas. I remember being at school and the class would reherse their christmas carols. Little drummer boy was sung 100 times. Jingel bells. Tinsel and cut out decorations everywhere. Joy and happiness. .. and then there was me, sitting in the corner... "oh he isnt allowed to celebrate christmas".

Things worked out well for me in the end, but I think of all the little JW's who have to pretend to not to want to be part of the joyful festival. It is so pathetic and stupid. Let kids imagine and dream. I promise you, god wont kill you in armegedon

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

xmas is for children, they love it. Making decorating for the tree, presents, dressing up, singing carols, nativity play. JW parents will argue that JW kids don't miss out. They argue that they get the same amount of presents and fun through the whole year and how disappointed worldly kids are when they find out santa is a lie...

...evidently being totally excluded from xmas and being told you'll never grow old and will live forever in a paradise with your own pet lion is of course great for kids.

Pig, I'll raise a glass to those deprived JW kids and those who have grown up to learn the lie about the truth and cannot forget how they have been treated. I hope everyone finds peace at this time.

mmxiv

• cofty
    cofty

That's fantastic. Have a very merry Christmas.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Merry Christmas MMXIV....and all you other JWNers...

• kozmo
    kozmo

Bravo for you MM!!!

After 40 years as a JW, I too found the joy of NOT having to hide the trapings of the holidays. I was divorced from my ex and remarried a wonderful woman who absolutely loves Christmas and everything that comes with it. I have an older son, 38 who is still active, he knows we celebrate, but, he is not condemnatory of me, and actually doesn't say anything, he's a GOOD son. My younger son, 34, is no longer active, comes over for the holidays and enjoys receiving gifts, actually brings us gifts now. Once you make the break from those who don't appreciate you as a PERSON, the happier you will be.

As a child being raised as a JW, yes, as expressed just now, it was very difficult to NOT be involved with my classmates and the overall experience of being included in the holiday events. We missed out on a lot of good, meaningful interactions. Ya, and this business that JW children don't lack for things given to them during the year, BUNK!! That's not the point JW parents! Once again, the twisted reasoning of the WTS stunts the ideological and psycholical growth of those in their most formative years.

As has been expressed many times here in the past, those of us who were raised as JW's always missed out on a LOT of life's experiences and POSITIVE learning traits. I say this because as JW children, the positive action of learning to give and receieve gifts graciously is lost on them for, their parents do not teach them this. having been raised from the age of 5 as a JW, I had a very hard time and still do in recieving a gift from someone, it wasn't taught to me just how to recieve them. What a pitty for all of us!

May you anad yours have a very Merry Christmas

Koz

• still thinking
    still thinking

Welcome to the forum kozmo...Merry Christmas!

• myelaine
    myelaine

Merry Christmas MMXIV...

I hope all these new joys of the season become the precious gifts that you always remember

love michelle

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Michelle, what a delicious looking Christmas tree! I love real Christmas trees although I did not put one up this year but will be celebrating and giving gifts.

MERRY Christmas to All!

• myelaine
    myelaine

Merry Christmas panhandlegirl

it is delicious looking...and healthy.

a yummy dip for this fruit tree is:

1/2 marshmallow frosting 1/2 cream cheese blended until smooth...it is not so healthy though

xo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit