JUST finished The Gentile Times Reconsidered!

by FaceTheFacts 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Why is the new user, with a low posting limit, wasting so many posts on complaining about complaining?

Get on with it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Why is the new user, with a low posting limit, wasting so many posts on complaining about complaining?'

That's his method. Apparently, he was ethos before. Ethose was continuously complaining about not having enough posts available, because he was a new poster. However, the ethose persona has been dropped and replaced w anew one, w lower posting privileges, AGAIN. Seems to be what he wants.

S

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Just sitback, kick your shoes off and enjoy the ride!!!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    That's his method. Apparently, he was ethos before. Ethose was continuously complaining about not having enough posts available, because he was a new poster.

Well, yeah, I know. My comment was intended as an askance dig at his change of personae.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

For Lurkers:

Don't be confused by the wordiness of FACE THE FACTS. His writings are very similar to Fred Franz' 1975 speech or a current political leader's speech. In the end it goes nowhere and answers nothing.

Here is the simple truth which you can see for yourself, just by doing a little research and facing the facts. Charles Taze Russel ( not a FDS by current nu-lite ) did NOT come up with 1914 or the 2,520 days on his own or under inspiration from GOD. He was simply caught up in the moment, or carrying the torch that others before him set ablaze. Remember, no man in the scriptures has EVER been authorized to set any kind of date. In fact it is warned against. Any time that any human from any religion has tried to add to the scriptures, they are always proven wrong. For example, when did J.F.Rutherford say the heavenly calling ended? Was he correct? Exactly. The list goes on.

Did C.T Russel intentionally mislead people? I can't say. I am not the judge of any man. Still, the facts are that C.T.Russel did NOT originate the 1914 date and 2,520 years. The fact is that he did rely on Pyramidology. This is easily proven. Just find an old copy of the STUDIES IN THE SCRIPTURES. Notice how simple my writing style is? It is not necessary to be wordy when the simple truth will do just fine.

BTW, IF C.T.Russels predecessors were correct, or at least part of the chain eventually leading to Russel's " truth ", who were those men? Nu-lite states that there was no faithful slave " class ". Also, the FDS is only the FDS when specifically coming together for the purpose of feeding the domestics according to nu-lite. So again, If Russel was correct, who was he? Who helped him? Who were they? Here is one JW apologists' view:

" much of Gods written word was hidden from mankinds eyes for a reason until these last days--so that the fds and no one else could have truths revealed through them exclusively-- otherwise all through mankinds history, man could have studied Gods word and knew those truths, but it is clear at Daniel 12:4--they could not see the truths God hid just by reading the bible. Only through Jesus's appointed teachers would these truths be revealed at the proper time and become abundant in the last days( now). And until it was the proper time errors in teachings would occur thus changes had to be made--so this is fact--in the end whoever made the corrections from errors to truths, will be right in the end. And with the abundance of ridiculing hearts towards religions and teachings--all would see the changes. "

If C.T. Russel and associates were responsible for dispensing truth as " Jesus' appointed teachers ", especially in regards to the 2,520 days, then the current nu-light cannot be correct. According to the nu-light, C.T.Russel could not be " Jesus' appointed teacher ", therefore Russels teaching could not be true because " the fds and no one else could have truths revealed to them exclusively ". What a tangled web!

The simple truth is this. C.T. Russel was a man. He stood on the shoulders of other men. The men before him were mistaken, whatever their motive was. C.T. Russel was also mistaken in many areas as the passage of time has proven. He made some statements that he thought were true. Worst case, he embellished other's teachings, not realizing 100 years down the road that he would be gone and the internet would exist making fact checking very easy, in contrast to his day. So, he messed up, but there was a business to run. J.F. Rutherford realized this and took over. Perhaps he also believed the end was near, I can't say for sure. He surely never realized that we could easily check all his " Facts " as well.

FACE THE FACTS is doing anything but facing the facts. Please don't be confused by his circuitous ramblings and pasting of WT articles. Just calm down, take a deep breath, and check the information out for yourselves. Remember that a legitimate group or organization has absolutely no valid reason for obscuring facts, or attempting to control information.

In the end, " .. we can do nothing against the truth, but only for the truth". 2 Cor: 13:8

Peace,

DD

• QC
    QC

FTF, I'm very interested in your posts. JWs taught me a great lesson:

Don’t waste your life being a lemming; ALWAYs accept the challenge of

well-conceived thoughts. It will expose your own beliefs as either weak

or strong.

Challenges affirming Core beliefs or cognitive dissonance humility are all good—either way it’s a win-win.

The God or truth is never going to penalize ANYONE (or organization, even your Dark Ages GB) for acquiring more truth. Spiritual truth (uncontaminated by Hellenized philosophy or ideological fantasies) and proven science as well as historic empirical data, etc., is all compatible.

Your tone is a bit off putting.

You agree to learn humility, I’ll promise to take your arguments seriously.

Deal? You have an audience of at least one.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Won't Face the Facts,

I've gotta ask you, After reading Gentile Times, can you still state that you believe that Jerusalem was sacked in 607?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit