Sorry for how long this is but I just had to share...

by dazed but not confused 37 Replies latest jw friends

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I will let you know if and what he replies to my response. It was over Facebook in a private message.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Again, thanks Yan. I just saw what you wrote... EDIT: If presented with the "8 Million JW's can't be wrong", you can say " Then 2 billion Muslims could absolutely NOT be wrong"?

So I wrote him the following:

You said that 8 million JW's can't be that stupid. Wouldn't the same logic be applied to this... "As of 2009, over 1.6 billion or about 23% of the world population are Muslims."- Wikipedia. These 1.6 billion Muslims could absolutely NOT be wrong? Right?

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey dazed but not confused!

I'd happily exchange emails (questions) with your friend. I would use their publications alone, and an innocuous yet powerfully liberating topic such as the full Good News. They claim to publish it, but are actually shockingly unaware of more than 97% of its content and scope.

PM me any time on how we could set it up, if you are interested and believe he is sincere, computer literate, and willing to delve deeply into the Watchtower library, with a lay scholar who knows the library very well.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Fernando - Thanks but I don't know how responsive he'd be. He's on Facebook maybe once a week. And it took him 7 months to reply to the last conversation we had. He's a bit of a "go with the flow" guy even when he's drowning. I will try to call him this week. He might be off for Xmas.

• Fernando
    Fernando

That's all good dazed, we humans often only look at these sort of things when forced by circumstances. So it's great that you let him know you're there for him when he is ready.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Any other sugestions?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

He'll will never see TTATT until something happens that affects him personally. Until that point he can continue to excuse it all and ignore the obvious fallacies.

Doc

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Doc-

That’s how I was too, ignoring and excusing the fallacies. My wife’s uncle said something similar to me recently when I told him I’m trying to work on my wife. He woke up about 10 years ago and I found out he used to post here on JWN. He told me that until something affects the person directly, putting a bad taste in their mouth, its unlikely they will come out of their fog. For me the tipping point was going to them for help and getting nothing but my hand slapped and being kicked when I was down.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I just checked. Still no reply from my friend. I hope it doesn't take him another 7 months to get back to me.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think you might be the rude shock that down the road, will wake your friend from the fog. I bet what the two of you had was more real than most of the "friends" at the hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit