For JWs: Bible Verses Contradict Watchtower

by ABibleStudent 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

DARTH RUTHERFORD!!!! MY FAVORITE PICTURE OF ALL TIME! LOL!!! I loved this point as it was totally unknown to me:

Also, for extra credit, point out the statement made by TheWatchtower magazine: "We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatry -be it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol or the imputing of salvation to a person or an organization." (w90 11/1 p. 25) If that statement is true (and it is actually), then one does not have to be a member of the organization in order to obtain salvation.

Awesome!! Marking and Bumping!

• BroMac
    BroMac

*** w90 11/1 p. 26 par. 16 Our Relative Subjection to the Superior Authorities ***

16 As Christians, we face up to similar challenges today. We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatry—be it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol or the imputing of salvation to a person or an organization. (1 Corinthians 10:14; 1 John 5:21) And like the early Christians, we cannot compromise our Christian neutrality.—Compare 2 Corinthians 10:4.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

BroMac, are you saying that the JW's will try to argue that the above statement only applies to " superior authorities ", and that the WTBTS should not be included in that statement? I can hear them saying something similar in my head. " We are God's organization, so that statement does not apply to us.." I wonder how the U.N NGO incident would fit in there?

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Marked

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Marking, thank you! :)

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

marked

• BroMac
    BroMac

DATA-DOG

I meant nothing, I had WT Lib open so I copied the paragraph and caption for you.

• BroMac
    BroMac

Even so , Darth Rutherford has pointed out

Acts 4:12 - "Furthermore there is no salvation in anyone else for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved."

God has no need for an organisation for people to come to for salvation when he already gave that job to jesus not to "anyone else".

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel
    Watchtower: "But if we were to draw away from Jehovah'sorganization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy." (w93 09/15, p.22) Salvation and survival of Armageddon only comes to those baptized as associates and members of the Watch Tower organization and the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. Destruction will come to all those not associated with "God's spirit-directed organization". TM

This is odd. In the Bible Teach book, which they use to lure in converts, they claim the opposite on page 183. That is the bait. Later they switch narratives and have you looking for salvation in an organization.

THE MEANING OF YOUR BAPTISM

23 Jesus said that his disciples would be baptized “in
    the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy
    spirit.” (Matthew 28:19) This means that a baptism can-
    didate recognizes the authority of Jehovah God and of
    Jesus Christ. (Psalm 83:18; Matthew 28:18) He also rec-
    ognizes the function and activity of God’s holy spirit, or
    active force.—Galatians 5:22, 23; 2 Peter 1:21.

24 However,baptismisnotamerebath.Itisasymbol
    of something very important. Going beneath the water
    symbolizes that you have died to your former life course.
    Being raised up out of the water indicates that you are
    now alive to do the will of God. Remember, too, that you
    have made a dedication to Jehovah God himself, not to
    a work, a cause, other humans, or an organization.
    Your
    dedication and baptism are the beginning of a very close
    friendship with God—an intimate relationship with him.
    —Psalm 25:14.

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

This is a great thread. It's one close to my own heart. For a couple of years now, I've been compiling a list of subjects that shows how Watch Tower directly contradicts the Bible. Since JWs will rarely, if ever, consult publications outside the organization because they deem these as possible "apostate" material, I have come to realize and firmly believe that the publications themselves are sufficient to help awaken a Witness . They certainly contributed to my awakening. The trick seems to be in our presentation -how effectively we use logic, questions, and the Bible. (Just like the FS training we received when we were in this organization!)

Data-Dog, BroMac, Kurtbethel: Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate your points as well! In fact, to add to Kurtbethel's point how the Bible Teach book acts as bait that contradicts other publications once you're in, here are other quotes from other publications that clearly show that a Witness is to view the organization as absolutely necessary for salvation:

…the witness yet includes the invitation to come to Jehovah’s organization for salvation… (w1981 11/15, p. 21, par. 18)

Still, as a people, “the chosen ones” and their loyal companions will physically survive the end of apostate Christendom by taking refuge in Jehovah and his mountainlike organization. (w2011 1/15, p.4, par. 8)

But Jehovah’s servants already belong to the only organization that will survive the end of this wicked system of things. (w2007 12/15, p.14, par. 19)

Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah’s universal organization. (w2006 5/15, p.22, par. 8)

Without confidence in our Christian brothers, in Jehovah’s organization and, above all, in Jehovah himself, survival will be impossible. (w1998 8/15, p.19, par.15)

How marvelous it is to see millions of people from all nations flocking into Jehovah’s organization and being taught how to survive through the great tribulation into God’s new world! (w1997 3/1, p.24)

Well, that new “nation,” born in 1919 in a restored “land,” was to develop into a worldwide organization made up of anointed and nonanointed praisers of Jehovah. This organization will survive Armageddon into God’s new world. (w1995 7/1, p.21, par.5)

Whether or not man-made structures weather the storm of Armageddon, we know that God’s organization will survive as a going concern and that Jehovah will use it and those who loyally support it, establishing eternal peace and security in the glorious earthly Paradise of God’s promise. (w1986 1/1, p.26, par.18)

…let nothing draw you away from God’s organization or destroy your relationship with the One whose arm saves all who love him. (w1991 10/1, p.10, par.9)

The irony is profound. Acts 4:12 clearly shows that salvation is not associated with anyone other than Jesus Christ. It teaches that there is no name on earth –nothing related to man under heaven –through which we can be saved. On one hand students are taught that one cannot impute “salvation to a person or an organization”, yet inside the organization Jehovah's Witnesses are continually inculcated to believe their survival and salvation depend on being closely associated with the "earthly" part of Jehovah's organization, aka The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Watch Tower teaches an idea that the Bible clearly rejects.

Acts 4:12 is definitely one worth memorizing. Using it is very effective. I have yet to find a Witness that can refute the scripture and its logic. I have observed that it puts them in an awkward situation... either loyalty to God's Word, or the organization. That is exactly what we need to do... put them in that position to make a choice. Most Witnesses are sincere God-fearing people. They do what they do because the organization has brainwashed them. Most of us were the same way. Initially they will openly defend the organization, but cognitive dissonance will haunt their conscience for days. A sincere, honest-hearted seeker of truth will begin to wonder and question... and finally begin to think.

Good hunting my friends!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit