Does it get boring....

by FaceTheFacts 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Yes...kmanc...I agree.You'll be surprised how many early writings refer to primitive Christianity as a dangerous cult.

Shame these writings aren't more widely known about.

Who knows where mankind would be now if it hadn't been held back for so long by falsely believing events portrayed in a middle eastern book of fairytales were true.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Even if one privately doesn’t agree with the Governing Body on ALL points, this is viewed as a serious sin. That, my friends, is a cult.

The JW's truly are a cult. In what other mixed up religious thinking can a Governing Body "new light" doctrine change be passed with less than 100% of the GB vote, yet 100% of the JW membership is expected to accept & believe it or be labeled an apostate.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

That would make any GB member not agreeing to or being part of the majority vote an apostate surely?

It is never boring here.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

So,I wonder if the initial poster counted this as witnessing time?

• Ding
    Ding
    Does it become boring/monotonous reading thread after thread about how terrible the GB is and how much of a cult JWs are...etc. etc.?

Not as boring as sitting through Watchtower studies where several people parrot back exactly what the WT article says...

Not as boring as sitting through skit after skit in which the householder always happily accepts the literature.

Not as boring as reading article after article in the WT about how terrible Christendom, the world, and anything other than the WTS are.

• FaceTheFacts
    FaceTheFacts

Yeah I agree the meetings are usually woefully boring as well. And NO I am not counting time.....why is that even relevant to this thread?

• wasblind
    wasblind

You may need to Face The Fact that readin' other experiences closely related to your own

may not be such a bore. In fact , it lets you know your not alone, and that someone else

can relate to the things you feel. That never tires

Even though you only have 23 posts, I'd place a bet that you have been a lurker for more than

you care to say. Which may prove how much a bore we are not

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Does it become boring/monotonous reading thread after thread about how terrible the GB is and how much of a cult JWs are...etc. etc.?"

Nope. I wasted so many years hearing and believing how perfectly wonderful and wise the GB was, and how truthful JWs were, I have a lot to get out of my system. Now it is therapy to heap condemnation on it all for their wickedness and lies. And rather than it being just about "terrible cult" rants, I prefer the specifics of how they are wrong in their beliefs and practices. It's certainly not the only thing I do, and it doesn't define who I've become. But it serves as an outlet for the anger and frustration, directing it toward the organization and lies, rather than direct it toward my parents and family, who are also victims. Hopefully, this directed outlet will prevent me from living the rest of my life as the "walking wounded"--unable to deal with the past, unable to get on with life.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Does it become boring/monotonous reading thread after thread about how terrible the GB is and how much of a cult JWs are...etc. etc.?

Perhaps it does get boring, and many people are here for a while and move on when they need to with no questions asked.

It is not anywhere as boring as going through another Watchtower article or listening to another speaker drone on about how wonderful the governing body is, how they are the only people in the world who are preaching the gospel, and how you should show your appreciation for the fine gift of having them teach you by obeying them, and how the end of this system is so close and just around the corner. There are only so many ways to rephrase these claims, and the Watchtower has not said anything new for years. They rename the characters, but it is the same old script.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Occasionally it's get boring. There's certain threads I don't click into because it's like beating a dead horse at times, plus I'm easily bored. However it's encouraging to me that those same topics come up because while a certain topic may be found redundant by one person, it can also be something entirely new to another person. Plus I'm still in, very much in, and I find this message board to be encouraging. Considering how much time is spent on "theocratic activity", it's nice to breath some air occasionally on this message board. This board is like much needed oxygen after spending so may hours breathing the stuffy air found amongst JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit