Who wants to take bets that this "end of the world" scenario pops up in a WT

by wha happened? 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Describing how the so called "Pagens", got it wrong.

• cedars
    cedars

They've already mentioned the mayan calendar as a bogus prophecy - but yes, I can well imagine a forthcoming article that hypocritically sticks the boot in further without seeing the parallels with their own failed predictions.

Cedars

• Ding
    Ding

Lest we forget.

Awake! October 8, 1968, p. 23:

"True, there have been those in times past who predicted an 'end of the world,' even announcing a specific date. Some have gathered groups of people with them and fled to the hills or withdrawn into their houses waiting for the end. Yet nothing happened. The 'end' did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? Missing was the full measure of evidence required in fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Missing from such people were God's truths and the evidence that he was guiding and using them. But what about today? Today we have the evidence required, all of it. And it is overwhelming!"

• admirmitch
    admirmitch

I've been reading some of the old stuff and the line "evidence is overwhelming" or something along the lines of "clearly supported by scripture" is sure to come in.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

However they do it, they certainly won't look at their own many falied predictions, and neither will the rank and file.

• pixel
    pixel

Other's people predictions when they don't come true:False prophecies.

WT/GB/FDS predictions when they don't come true: wrong expectations.

Sure...

• Think About It
    Think About It

Little does the public know of WTS failed prophecies. Also, how about JW chronology being based on CTRussell's measurements at the Great Pyramid in Egypt, and there was even a crazy JW named calendar made up.

Bat shit crazy cult.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    there was even a crazy JW named calendar made up.

I used to have the correct day covered--is it Lifeday or Mansday today?

They've already mentioned Harold Camping and the 12-21-12 date, I think somebody mentioned it on another thread. Somehow predicting the 'generation' when the end will come is more appropriate than a specific date... Yes, it's all very confusing to me as well.

--sd-7

• caliber
    caliber

Somehow predicting the 'generation' when the end will come is more appropriate than a specific date.

What then if you don't miss just a date ( bulls-eye) but the whole wall behind it (generation... now overlapping generations )

• Ding
    Ding

Does anyone publish a master calendar of all the doomsday predictions?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit