Today's 'Close to Home' comic hits, well, close to home... LOL

by undercover 14 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
  • wasblind
    wasblind

" Bible chronology also pinpointed in advance the time when certain events in the fulfillment of God's purpose would take place. Using such dates as starting points, it is possible to express in terms of current calendars the dates for ancient Biblical events."_______Reasoning book page 93

" Some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world "__________Reasoning book page 200

" The "generation" that was alive at the beginning of fulfilment of the sign in 1914 is now well along in years. The time remaining must be very short__________Reasoning book page 239

How short ????

" Have you ever wondered why we grow old and die ?? Some sea turtles live for hundreds of years. Certain trees have lived for thousands of years. But humans live for just 70 or 80 years and then die. "__________Reasoning book page 14

Look as if time ran out for the generation that saw the fulfillment in 1914 many predictions ago

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

every time i see thats armageden pic it looks like rvd!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Ginger toms have got it coming to them...

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ow. My eyes. Thanks, undercover. First you hit me with "Close to Home", drawn by the worst comic artist of all time (seriously, what is happening in that panel, because I'm pretty sure McPherson would like people to write in and tell him what he drew).

Then you paste in some artwork from the Society that is worse than anything I've ever seen in the literature. I'm talking about the "falling cat" one. Did M.C. Escher paint that? Because if not, it's horrible beyond words. I'm not even sure that's a cat, as it is considerably bigger than the guy who is apparently behind it in the painting. It would have to be a tiger to be that big. In the middle of a modern city. I'd question why animals have to die at Armageddon, but I guess God already proved in the Flood that he doesn't give a #%$@ about animals. They're just collateral damage while bad people get destroyed. God would like to just reach out and squash each bad human precisely with his thumb, but he's got fat fingers, you see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit