Will the Watchtowers growth in the third world keep them around for decades to come?

by tootired2care 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle

Some could be drawn to a promise of a "new world system." However, WTS rules and policies, demands will burn them out more quickly.

The third-world countries have a high demand to work as much as possible just to have basic needs. The WTS has no real understanding or sympathy of what that means. Such third-world citizens utilize word of mouth, to express an American religion that is too demanding and truly not helpful to them. They need schooling and medical help available, of which the WTS will offer none of that. At least, many other religions will try to do some with this upfront, immediate need.

• Scott77
    Scott77

They need schooling and medical help available, of which the WTS will offer none of that.
    Gayle

Hi Gayle,

You are right on that. Actually, the catholic church has built many mission hospitals, colleges and universities in third world countries. I can imagine some of their medical facilities are the best compared to the state-owned ones. The GB does not understand what kind of life in Africa. Because of poverty, there is no social security benefits and education is very expensive. As a result, many JWs are poor compared to non-JWs.

Scott77

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GAYLE:

You are so right that the JW religion doesn't understand what it means to have to work to obtain necessities. If I was criticized for working full-time (and they can go to hell for that fact) then certainly third-worlders would be criticized as well. I don't see how the religion would do well with mostly third-worlders as members.

The JW religion is a creation of the western world where there is leisure time plus disposable income and a mentality of supporting a clergy-type class and misguided people who will give to them, sadly.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Never discount the power of large numbers. Wrigley field in Chicago....little sticks of chewing gum built a huge family fortune.

If you can get a handle on overhead, just 7 million ONE dollar bills every month is a lot of cash flow.

A Billion dollars in assets can be managed to spin off a large stream of income for an eternity.

I personally know of a few elderly JW widows in California who were influenced to CUT-OFF all relatives and donate ENTIRE estates to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. One donated oil wells generating 1 mil EACH YEAR. Another over 10 million and another 1 million. All of them had issues and were concerned they "might not get resurrected...if they didn't donate".

These are the few cases I personally know about. I am certain there are many more. I believe a small percentage of people will ALWAYS be fools for Watchtower. William Miller and the "Millerites" simply became Seventh Day adventists and JWs. I think many people NEED to believe and NEED to "BE SOMEBODY" - a sense of importance in the tribe.

my 2 cents.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The third-world countries have a high demand to work as much as possible just to have basic needs. The WTS has no real understanding or sympathy of what that means.

And they certainly don't here as well. In fact whatever personal time dubs do have is encourage to be given to the WT god, by calling a DA a "vacation"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit