An Interesting Question for the Board...

by AGuest 33 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Well, interesting to me (peace to you all!). I just saw this done on a TV show and was intrigued by the answers (almost unanimously yes).

Do you tell your spouse about your spending habits?

This question was asked of women, primarily as to spending and the answers were:

"Yes, but my husband is about to retire so I'm going to have to start telling him the truth!"

"Oh, yes, I lie to my husband about everything!"

"Ohhh, yes - if my husband knew the truth he'd need medication!"

"I don't tell him anything about anything!"

"I don't lie; I just put all the stuff away before he gets home!"

"My husband would have a stroke if he knew the truth!"

I thought... really?? And so the question was interesting to me because I do tell my husband (even as to the groceries/sundries, although and I'm not sure he always wants to know... about ANY of it). And he tells me (although I really couldn't care less). Well, for him, not actually tell - we have a habit of putting whatever it is we bought ('cept groceries/household stuff) on the dining room table immediately after entering the house (I guess so that it can "rest" a bit before we put it away?? LOLOL!) so it's always kind of out there for a day or so, anyway.

I'm thinking, though, that these were women who don't work/have their own income (I could be wrong, of course)?

• So, do you hide what you purchase/spend... and if so, why?
    • If your spouse hides from you what s/he spends/purchases, should they (i.e., do you care/need to know what s/he spends/purchases and if so, why)?

Just curious, again, because it came up on TV.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

we have no secrets

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Outside of suprise gifts for Lisa, I tell her everything I buy.

Not that it matters since we have the same account and I use "debit cards" for the vast majority of my purchases.

• caliber
  • AGuest
    AGuest

Okay, I don't care WHAT some folks say (peace!)... there are DEFINITELY some kind of "spirits" behind posting on this board. Because there is NO way you two could have read my entire post AND responded... in the time since I clicked "send"! NO WAY! LOLOLOL! It's like you got, read it, and I clicked "send" while you were responding!

How do it DO that?!

J/K (as to the spirits)... but ya'll should try it sometime: type out a REALLY long post and see that responses appear literally within nanoseconds after you hit "send".

Either that or (1) ya'll doin' some serious "spedreeding" or (2) you're not reading my posts (let it go, ridiculers - I know what I set myself up for - did it on purpose).

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

I LIKE that, dear Cal (peace to you!). My philosphy, too! Go Akon!

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

whats your point?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Do you tell your spouse about your spending habits?

I don't spend money - I was put on earth to earn money for the greater good of Caesar - who turns out to be my wife.

But then what else would I do with it?

• AGuest
    AGuest

LOVE it, dear Glad - LOLOLOL! Hail, Caesar-a! Peace to you AND Her Imperial Highness!

No point, really, dear Wha (pece to you, as well) - just curiousity. I thought the women's responses were interesting, is all. No one has to respond if they've no interest in doing so.

Peace (to you, as well, dear P!),

A slave of Christ,

SA

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"No one has to respond if they've no interest in doing so."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit