A rumor has it....

by jeremiah18:5-10 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

Acoording to this letter to the society posted on AnoitedJW (I realize some here do not hold it in high regard) the WTS has not had any articles about the memorial or any mention of Jesus in articles leading up to the memorial (public version). Instead 2-3 articles on Moses and one on Judas. Also rumor has it that the WTS will no longer be posting the amount of partakers, (perhaps for fear of how many are going to begin partaking?!?)

Here are some excerpts from the letter:

Along with practically all of the publishers in the organization, we have been

Matthew 24:45-47

that you brothers

revealed at the Annual Meeting on October 6, 2012. We have examined each

Watchtower from October 2012 through March 2013, which covers material that will be

studied up to June 2013. Yet there is nothing mentioned about the new light? Brothers,

if Jehovah’s spirit has revealed important information about our organization, why are

you sitting on it? Why are you withholding it?

Another problem we discovered is that there is no Watchtower study article

about the upcoming 2013 Memorial of Christ Death. In the January 15, 2012

Watchtower, there was a full study article for Memorial entitled “

A Royal Priesthood

to Benefit All Mankind

” scheduled to be studied the week before the Memorial.

However, there are

no

study articles about the Memorial leading up to the March 26,

2013 Memorial. Strangely, the February 1, 2013 Watchtower, scheduled for public

distribution during the month leading up to the 2013 Memorial, features three full

articles about Moses, and one full article about Judas, but practically nothing about

Jesus. Brothers, what is going on?

And finally, there is a

rumor

circulating that you have decided that you will no

longer be publishing the number of the Sons of God who partake at the Memorial

celebrations. Yet you will no doubt continue to publish the number of

observers

at the

Memorial, the number of

magazines placed, the number of hours

spent in the ministry,

the number of regular and auxiliary

pioneers,

but no acknowledgment of the Sons of the

Kingdom? Where is the respect and affection for Christ’s brothers? Are we not more

important than magazines? We certainly hope this is a rumor!

This is especially disturbing since you brothers profess to be among the

anointed. This is

your night! Your

hope! The Memorial is the most important evening

of the year for Jehovah’s Witnesses, especially for the sons of God

among whom you

count yourselves!

looking forward to a Watchtower article that explains the so-called “new light” about

the identity of the Faithful and Discreet Slave at

And even though you do not encourage others to partake of the

emblems, in the past you have at least advertised the Memorial and encouraged

attendance by as many as possible. What is now hindering you? Why are you

remaining silent?

As you can tell, we are deeply concerned at these developments. Yet we are not

without hope. We are reminded of the account when Jesus rode into Jerusalem on the

back of a colt and the people began to offer praise and glory to him by crying out:

“‘Blessed is the One coming as the King in Jehovah’s

name! Peace in heaven, and glory in the highest places!’

However, some of the Pharisees from the crowd said to

him: ‘Teacher, rebuke your disciples.’ But in reply he

said: ‘I tell you,

If these remained silent, the stones

would cry out

We are also reminded of Paul’s words to the brothers and sisters in Galatia:

“Go on carrying the burdens of one another, and thus

fulfill the law of the Christ.” –

Galatians 6:2

Therefore, brothers, if you men choose to remain silent as to the glory of “the

One coming as the King in Jehovah’s name,” then

we will cry out

! We will gladly

carry your burden

of providing needed spiritual food to the domestics so as to ‘fulfill

the law of the Christ’ to ‘keep doing this in remembrance of him’ (

Luke 22:19

) until

you brothers decide to act ‘faithfully and discreetly’ as respects our Lord and Savior

Jesus Christ and the heavenly hope.

We will, of course, let you know what we are doing and we will provide you

with access to every article and/or public invitation we publish in connection with the

2013 Memorial of Christ’s Death. And if the rumor is true that you will not be

publishing the number of partakers at the 2013 Memorial, then we will do what we can

to let the association of brothers know how many have picked up their torture stakes and

followed the Christ.

Dear brothers, we want to continue to support you, and we will, for as long as

the Father’s Spirit allows. But you must understand the seriousness and urgency of the

situation. There are millions of lives in your hands – millions who have not yet even

entered the race for the real life. We implore you to examine yourselves and your

teachings to determine whether ‘Jesus is in union with your actions.’ As Paul wrote:

“Keep testing whether you are in the faith, keep proving

what you yourselves are. Or do you not recognize that

Jesus Christ is in union with you? Unless you are

disapproved

. I truly hope you will come to know we

are

not disapproved.” –

2 Corinthians 13:5-6

Your Brothers and Ambassadors for Christ,

www.AnointedJW

So I'm curious what anyones take is on this.

Have any of the active JW's or elders here heard anything on this?

Please provide feedback.

It wouldn't allow me to adjust the spacing, sorry if its difficult to read.

• Ding
    Ding

No special insight...

... just the observation that the GB will view this as evidence of pride and an unwillingness to wait on Jehovah or be grateful for the provision of the slave.

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

Do they usually have a WT article about the memorial beforehand. If it is something they usually do and have now quit that would be interesting to me. However if they only do it occasionally then I can't see what difference it makes. Does anyone with a CD know which is the case?

Personally, I haven't read the magazines in many years.

IMHO if this is true, regarding the lack of articles on Jesus as well as not publishing the Memorial partakers, it would fit right in with the direction the GB is taking of de-emphasizing the "anointed" and is just more of them "pulling wool over the eyes" of the flock.

My wife seems to think they normally have always had articles about Jesus' death leading up to the Memorial. There's usually an invitation printed on the back of the mags too. I'm curious now if that invitation is on any of the mags.

• james_woods
    james_woods

The memorial is quite some time off. Nothing to see here.

• 88JM
    88JM

You can be sure there will be plenty of articles that stress "obey the GB" though.

Maybe they were so tied up with schools for beating elders and also deciding if/how they will publish the "new light" that they just had to say: "oops we forgot Jesus again - how clumsy are we? Sorry Jesus - maybe next year you can have your turn".

"nothing to see here" What is that supposed to mean?

The magazines are printed far in advance and the study articles are all the way thru June.

Why is it up to you to discourage people from reading a post?

If you're not interested in the topic, that's cool. But it doesn't mean no one else will find it interesting.

Just saying it seems such a comment is meant to try and discourage anyone else from wasting their time reading it or commenting. Seems a little harsh and elitist to me.

Maybe I'm wrong and misreading your intentions. Maybe I'm overreacting, if so I apologize in advance. I'm not here to debate but do enjoy feedback on posts no matter how contrary they are. So thanks for your feedback.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I said there was nothing to see here because this is pure speculation.

I see. That's cool and true. Thanks for clarifying. Although I was hoping for some facts to clear up speculation as far as the WT articles go.

Guess I will try and search to find them, I was trying to take the lazy way out by asking for people who are still in to confirm or deny. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit