Is this a new low?

by Darth Eowyn 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• toweragent
    toweragent

That's interesting...because I've never considered those things as a "low" per se. I admit, I'm in a crossroads with the Watchtower and even I don't beleive most of their mumbo jumbo anymore. As I've said before, I've mentally checked out of the organisation and I want out.

However, my wife and I were out in field service with the circuit overseer last week when it happened. It shocked us down to our nerves. I'm already a pretty emotional guy...and my wife is super sweet (despite being hardcore), but we didn't use it in service.

That night I came home from the pioneer meeting and saw my wife crying and sobbing hysterically in the living room. I thought something was wrong so I ran to her, kneeled down and hugged her asking what in the world was wrong. She was so broken up she couldn't even speak...it was then that I realized she was watching a news prgram on the tragety. I shut off the TV and held her. She was crying asking, "What are they going to do? They don't have their kids anymore! The other kids are going to be scarred for life!"

It took a while to calm her down, but once she did, I was able to read her scriptures on God's love...(not WT theology). Then she shaped up and seemed better.

It may be that SOME witnesses CAPITALIZE on trageties without regret because they are trying to get numbers up. But I sincerely beleive some witnesses want to talk about those trageties because they really do bother them deeply...and they genuinly want to share hope with others. I think that's been the goal of most religions; to encourage, help, and give hope. However, the Tower does do it pretty backwards.

I guess, the main point of my post is; don't immediately write off people who talk about trageties as cold hearted individuals looking to get theire numbers up. Because, I know if my wife were talking to you about something like that, it would be from her heart. She doesn't want to see other people hurting, and she would try to give them comfort the only way she knows how.

• toweragent
    toweragent

As far as the last days are concerned...who knows...who cares?

All that matters is if you have the love of family and friends; and if you're a beleiver, the love of God.

Those victims lives have changed forever. They will never be the same. They deserve love and encouragement to cope with their losses. But no one deserves "last days" doctrine to be thrown at them for "reasons" why it happened...Or reasons to join a church organisation. I agree whole heartedly.

I didn't want to seem like I was in favor of witnesses doing that. Absolutely not.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

There are pioneers who scan obits, so they can make special calls. There are those who go to grave yards to "preach" to the mourners. Etc. Swooping in on tragedy and grief is their specialty. Yes it's true, they are not the only "religion" to do so, but they are one of the few who go out of their way to "hook" people with it.

As was said, it's not a new low, just their typical low. Someone said it best, "they are ambulance chasers"

• St George of England
    St George of England

Really bad taste as usual. I received this today:-

A lot of you have asked if I have heard any news regarding the recent shooting tragedy at Connecticut.

This report was received today from group member Paul:

"Good Morning All,

I just had to find the Kingdom Hall closest to the shooting area of the Sandy Hook Elem Sch. and just a few minutes ago, 12:53pm December 15, 2012, I called and spoke with an elder from the Danbury, Ct Hall, five miles from the shooting - he reported that the circuit overseers from the area had a special
    meeting with the two congregations in the area as to how to effectively handle this crisis.

First: there were no witness children involved.

Second: 155 publishers went out this morning prepared to bring comfort to local neighbours as well as working their way to the actual town of the tragedy.

Third: at present, four bibles studies have been started as a result of this campaign

Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses

48 Payne Road; Danbury, CT "

George

• Think About It
    Think About It

When I was in FS training, I once went to do "graveyard witnessing" with a brother who thought it would be a great idea. Very weird experience to say the least.

Went to do prison witnessing before on another invitation. Another weird experience I never wanted to do again.

This JW stuff all seems another lifetime ago. Looking back I can't believe I did any of this WTS stuff. No one would probably believe me even if I told them some of this wacky stuff about tis bat shit crazy religion.

• Darth Eowyn
    Darth Eowyn

I'm sure that there are some sincere Witnesses who try to speak from the heart, which is why I give careful thought to what each person says who does stop by my door.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello Darth Eowyn

I'm sure you would like to believe that, but these are people who are taught to cut their own flesh and blood off

and not blink. What you think they express from the heart is learned in the Theocratic Ministry school

to pull you in. Once your in the love dies and your jus't another slave workin' the streets for the pimps in brooklyn

" 11 WARMTH AND FEELING_____Theocratic Ministry School book page 118

" 12 GUESTURES AND FACIAL EXPRESSIONS"_______Theocratic ministry school book page 121

" 13 HOW TO USE THE BATHROOM AND WIPE YOUR HIND PARTS"_________Theocratic Ministry School book

Bottom line: Tell folks what you think they wanna hear so you can hook 'em This ain't about God it's a printin' Co.

Nothin' comes natural for these people who are trained robots

• kjw53
    kjw53

blondie-- There is much joy in--the good news of Gods kingdom-- for the true followers--- A earth filled with righteous people, having love and respect for each one as a human family. living at a young age forever. perfect harmony-- no mourning,outcry,or pain, no sickness,disease,or even death. no more satan influence, Gods kingdom in total control. Gods true plan for mankind as taught by Jesus--Happy( blessed) are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

• kjw53
    kjw53

It would be quite impossible to get lower than the works of the trinity religions for the last 1750 years or so. Millions upon millions slaughtered( wars of hatred) the rev war, the crusades, the inquisition, the civil war, ww1,ww2) where the supposed brothers in Christ murdered each other on the orders of corrupt men and all of those family lines cut off as well, the bloodguilt has amassed to the heavens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit