Is this a new low?

by Darth Eowyn 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Darth Eowyn
    Darth Eowyn

"They tie these things into their message as "proof" of the end times. You probably believe it is the end times too don't you?"

Um...no.

• sd-7
    sd-7

No, it's the same low. You can't get any colder than absolute zero.

--sd-7

• confusedteenager
    confusedteenager

That's how we were instructed to open our presentations today as well. Felt pretty crappy even bringing it up at the door. But we are supposed to be offering them "comfort".

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Really Catholics don't believe that we are in the "last days"? I don't thingk that is what the Vicar of Christ believes.

• Darth Eowyn
    Darth Eowyn

No, it's not what Catholicism teaches. The Church does not focus on the 'last days'/armageddon/rapture etc. The Church urges people to get themselves right with God because one never knows when the last day for anyone could come...one could live to be 100 or get hit by a bus tomorrow. The focus is on the four final things: Death, Judgment, Heaven, Hell.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

same after 911. People opened the door for a while and would allow us to vomit out presentation on them. After a few months it was back to normal. Any current bad news is fair game to use in a presentation

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

They did the same thing after 9/11. I remember people saying how many books and other crap they placed after 9/11. Almost like they were happy it happened so they could put some numbers on a piece of paper.

JeffT, I'm definitely going to steal that line.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Yeah - the witlesses have twisted what Jesus said in the Olivet Discourse.

He is saying dont think the end is about to come because you see wars famines pestilences and earthquakes. (The witchtower said the end was nigh, after 1914 because WWI was the sign. Here we are 100 years later)

Could it be possible in Luke 21 where he says "many will say the due time has approached" he is warning against the WTBTS. They published a book in 1972 "God's Kindumb of a Thousand Years has Approached." Which it definitely did not.

The whole point is that he said the end would come in one fell swoop. When we DONT expect it.

Off topic?

HB

• Darth Eowyn
    Darth Eowyn

"allow us to vomit out presentation on them."

LOL

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Really Catholics don't believe that we are in the "last days"? I don't thingk that is what the Vicar of Christ believes.

The Church teaches that the "last days" began at the time of the resurrection and Pentecost. They've been here for about 2000 years so far, and may last for a long time to come (if we sinful humans can just avoid screwing things up). The Church makes no predications about when the end will be, teaching that "Nobody knows the day...save the Father alone."

One little "s" makes a huge difference: on one hand an age called "the last days," on the other a calendar square circled as "the last day." It's an important distinction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit