Christmas Plans

by LouBelle 30 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Is most of your family NOT JW's?

• Glander
    Glander

A very Happy Christmas to you, Lou. From your previous posts it sounds like you are going to have an exciting and prosperous New Year!

Best to You,

(PS - I still wish my single son was going to South Africa in January instead of New Zealand )

We will be worshipping Satan in our usual way, family, food and fun.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks Lou(HUG)

I only have one daughter that is OUT of the WT but her two sons raised as JW are now atheists
    the women they are living with are also. I have five great grandkids all unbelievers ,They will all be together
    at the party at my grandsons house. I love them all but ...as you KNOW I am MOUTHY & am afraid to spoil their celebration of Santa
    I gave them all money as gifts for which they ALL thanked me profusely
    No I dont have a tree or anything I have a welcome on the door with three snow men & a bell that plays Jinglebells

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Glander - I so wish your son was coming here too - I would only be too happy to have him over for a meal, show him a few sights. Next time.

And my home is always open to anyone that comes this way!!!

I have taken pics of my curry in progress and will upload them as soon as I create a photobucket account! ...which will be when I get home.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Roast garlic and rosemary lamb sounds fabulous

Have a great christmas

• carla
    carla

Thank you for the recipe! I wil try it out soon.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Chicken curry sounds yummy! I'll have to test your recipe, Lou.

I always make paella on Christmas Eve. I also make tabouli, hummous, nachinka, and pumpkin pie - very eclectic. We eat late - usually well after 10 pm, then we open gifts. Since paella is equally delicious the second day, everyone usually comes by for leftovers, although xmas day is usually when my kids and grandkids go to spend time with the ex's or their partners' family.

We have no extended family (mostly all JWs) so it's just my daughters and their partners and the grandkids.

Re: family members who are "straining" - I can sympathize, LouBelle. I think most families can. My daughters and I still bear profound JW scars, and some years there has been acting out and bad behaviour at xmas. My oldest daughter would always pretend she didn't celebrate because she was putting on a show for her grandmother. It can be tough. But I think it's worth trying to build a family tradition. Traditions help define who we are, and they can keep family members bonded.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I'm another shunned XJW alone on Christmas. *sniff, sniff*

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

cobaltcupcake - spoil yourself! or throw a lil doo yourself if you know anyone else is also alone.

• moshe
    moshe

We are going to the Chinese restaurant for lunch with the other Jews in our synagogue- a standard Xmas day meal for us!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit