JWs exposed in Norway

by InquiryMan 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Norway deserves a big high five.

I hope the government enquiry into church sexual abuse gets some gears grinding here in Australia.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

It even continues to day on the 6th day.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

For anyone interested, I've collected the bulk of the Norwegian press articles and have provided machine translated English versions on Ex-JW.com.

http://ex-jw.com/norwegian-media-exposes-watchtower-scandals

I fully expect to hear from the NRK asking (or ordering) me to take these PDF versions down. I suggest that you read them as soon as possible.

JV

• irondork
    irondork

How do you dangle this stuff in front of the noses of newsies in other countries so they will respond?

• Room 215
    Room 215

The neighboring Scandinavian coutnries would seem to be a good place to start.

• PrincessPeachz
    PrincessPeachz

The Norwegians are very clued into the cult thing. My family over there are very lucky, and have done a lot of work themselves to expose the religion in their country.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Today, the ex-witnesses met with a member for the ruling labour party and also a member of the committee of justice at the Parliament (Storting) and explained a lot on various witness practices, e.g. also the non-involvement in politics, handling a abuse etc etc... There will most likely be an interview with them on NRK tomorrow.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Great news. Thanks for sharing!

• loosie
    loosie

This is awesome!!!!

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Now it has been brought to the next level. Last night NRK (the equivalent of the BBC) published this on their web site:

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/norge/1.10844955

Mr Bøhler is first deputy chair of the Standing Committee on Justice in the Parliament of Norway, the Storting.

Interestingly, the press spokesman of Jehovah’s witnesses in Norway, now statues that they might be willing to take part in the public debate on this and offer more information.

So it seems they are somewhat subduing to the intense media pressure. Of course, this having been raised to a political level makes it much more serious for the Watchtower society than simple negative statements in the press.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit