Study the Bible with JW - Any advice?

by FingersCrossed 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Going for a word by word Bible reading/study with a JW, no literature involved and maybe using more than one versions. Is that a wise move and is there any advantage?

• carla
    carla

DO NOT USE the NWT

• Terry
    Terry

Ask the JW you are studying with where the original manuscripts of the bible are kept.

See if they are even aware of the fact there are none in existence anywhere!

Their religious views are from men who assert that the bible is their foundation. But, that foundation doesn't actually exist!

Copies of copies of copies of non-original manuscripts are all anybody has to go on.

The Watchtower religion went to the trouble to translate their own bible to PROP UP false teaching by changing the wording of texts.

Who is to say that EVERY religious person through all of history didn't do exactly the same thing--change the text to prop up personal doctrine??

You see--without originals---it can never be proved that no significant corruptions have distorted what the first scriptures had to reveal!

The non-original fragments weren't even preserved since they were dug out of landfills and caves rotting and scattered like so much garbage!

If Almighty God were going to PRESERVE something as sacred as HIS WORD don't you think he'd do a better job of it than that??

The leaders of JW's interpret and opinionate and have often been dead wrong. However, those wrong statements and wrong teachings (which have been changed as a result) were spoken AS THOUGH

Jehovah were telling them to teach it!!

Ask your teacher why they have confidence in the interpretations of a few men who have had to change "true" teachings over and over.

I would be surprised if your JW friend has any knowledge or facts at their disposal about any of these things! They are naive and trusting. Facts are bothersome.

Most door-to-door JWs who start bible studies have been instructed to deal with objections by postponing them and promising to return later with answers.

Hard to answer questions about changed-teachings result in them NEVER COMING BACK!

A tough question will be view as merely an APOSTATE LIE to be avoided.

For people who call their beliefs THE TRUTH they are remarkably jumpy about confronting practical flaws in their own history of teaching. Facing the false dates is impossible for them.

The best you'll get is a feeble excuse.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I would not trust that him/her will be able to stick to Scripture alone. Their way of thinking is filtered & molded by J W doctrine.

We did this once or twice in my dub days. The idea was to steer the study to a passage that was ripe for J W comment, like Matt 24 or 2 Tim 3.

Having read the verses the J W would say, "Now what do you see happening today that fulfills this description of the 'last days'" .....or something like that. They hope to do the book study but keep the book in their bag until you are softened up for it.. They might even want to produce "Reasoning From The Scriptures" book, on the premise that it is just the scriptures in quotes and soundbites.

It is not for me to say what you should do. I would only say to do all you can to divert them away from their prepared agenda and onto the scriptures of your choice, and have a clear direction of where you want the conversation to go.....

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

discontinue it

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s don`t have Bible Studys,they never have..

JW`s study WBT$ Literature about the Bible..

You are about to get a Bait and Switch..

........................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Ding
    Ding

Study Galatians and Romans first.

Keep asking the JW to give their understanding of what the text says.

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Thanks everyone. I need more feedback.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Cancel the study and spend your time doing something productive instead

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked for later comment

Share this

Google+
Pinterest