What childhood toys do you remember and what memories do they bring back?

by usualusername 40 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
    usualusername

Hi All

I am around 40 years old and I only remember 2 childhood toys. One was a batman thing that did not fly. I was traumatised. The other Donkey Kong; enormous fun.

What childhood toys do you remember and what memories do they bring back?

UUN

• lost1
    lost1

Space hoppers! Massive fun bounding around the garden and having a father who worked for the company who first introduced them I was very popular for a short while.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I always recievd the same ole things for christmas as a child

a Baby doll that didn't do nothin' a tea set and an article of clothin'

My younger sisters always got the dolls that did somethin'

like the beautiful chrissy doll that grew hair and baby go bye bye

that had her own car

My older sister got whatever she longed for. as a middle child

I often felt shitted. Until it came time for my first car

I loved my mom, I sure miss her

Anyway BTTT

• designs
    designs

Building my own soap box skateboard. We would take our skates apart and nail them to the bottom of a 2X6 and nail a wood box on the front then add tin cans and reflectors to dress it up.

• usualusername
    usualusername

With a profile name "designs" your gift makes perfect sense.

Can anyone send pics in with there gifts?

• blondie
    blondie

My Barbie Doll

roller skates

All paid for by me from my babysitting money..........never got a present from either jw mother or non-jw father.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

REAL WOODEN LINCOLN LOGS - I loved how they could catch fire with a little gasoline poured on them

made it look like the real Wild West on my Moms Front Room carpet

• Giordano
    Giordano

Toy guns! I was the kid who faced off with Marshall Dillon (Gunsmoke) each week in the opening scene where he quick draws against the bad guy. It took me a year but I finally got there and I was self declared the fastest! Then I discovered girls and lost interest in 'guns'. Low these decades later I still don't shoot real guns or have any interest in them.....but if they bring back Gunsmoke I just might have to come out of retirement and strap on my old pistol and have a go.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Wow Blondie,

I am officially ashamed of myself for complainin'

about the do nothin' dolls I recieved , I should be thankful

my mom gave me somethin'

Thanks for the wake up call

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I had a Talking Julia doll. "Julia" was a popular program on TV at the time, starring Diahann Carroll. You'd pull the string in her back and she would say a random phrase (there were about 5 things she'd say). And a cassette recorder. My brother and I would use them together to make tapes of "Man On The Street" interviews. We'd ask the doll a question and then pull the string. We had hours of fun with them.

julia

cassette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit