I'm also new here

by Yohan 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jemba
    jemba

Welcome John, I wonder if its worse sometimes, being a believer still but not being active in anyway because you constantly fear armaggedon.

I too am a born-in, kicked out of home at 15 the yr I was baptised for questioning the org and refusing to go to meetings.

Unfortunately after having to live with drug lords and prostitutes I began to believe that maybe it was the truth, this is just the way the org described life on the outside.

Fast forward 23 years later I found JWN and TTATT saved me from that utter BS I was trying to believe in.

I love this site, it has changed my life and I never have to go back!!

Enjoy your journey of self discovery and freedom!

Congratulations you have finally left hell.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Welcome! Wow, I sure like it when some who left the WTS so many years ago (like 20+ yrs), finally get to checking out the facts of the WTS and come to terms how the organization is not in any way "the truth. It is sad that many walk away still believing somewhat, some still carrying fear or guilt. I hope many more will come to check out things as you have done.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome John ,I`d also recommend "Captives Of a Concept" by Don Cameron , I too left about 20 years ago and found this site approx. 5 years ago , and I`ve learnt more about "the truth" in those 5 years than the 33 years I was a "captive"

smiddy

• l p
    l p

Welcome John, good to have you xx

Cofty - I pissed myself laughing at that!!!

Lp

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome John, glad life is good and things in your head are starting to come together

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Welcome John, glad you have finally been able to join up

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to JWN,John.

Bangalore

• unstopableravens
  • Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

• jookbeard