THE SOCIETY SAYS DON'T HAVE CHILDERN!

by new boy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

I remember one year in the mid 1980s a district convention where there was a talk given fairly strongly discouraging having children.

I was working in the auditing department at the Jacksonville Florida assembly as I did every year.

Across the table from me was an elder from my congregation and his daughter in law was sitting beside him and he was holding his 6 month old grand son. He said out loud words to the affect of, "Don't pay any attention to what the speaker just said." I was pretty surprised he said it out loud.

This same elder was on the judicial committee that DFed me a few years later. He is a good man. I wanted to ask him how he could pick and choose the god given counsel he wanted to obey.

Joel

• JT
    JT

akex thanks for the info on child bearing

james

• JT
    JT

RR

thanks for the post

james

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

From the early days on the board.

Keith Casarona

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I do remember those articles discouraging couples to have children. I was also present at one district convention in the mid eighties, where the district overseer gave a talk entitled "Responsible procreation". He said loud and clear that this was not the time to bring children in the world.

I was not married at the time- and being the loyal dub I always was and lapping all that was being said----I decided then and there that I would not have children in the system, but continue to spend my days pioneering.

I carried this resolve into my marriage---Thank God for the unplanned arrival of a child----if this had not happened I would have been childless.

I hate this organization for the controlling peoples lives and doing a good job at ruining them too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit