THE SOCIETY SAYS DON'T HAVE CHILDERN!

by new boy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

AXELSPEED

SINCE YOU QUOTED 2 FULL WT ARTICLES WITH NO PERSONAL COMMENTS. YOU TELL US WHICH SIDE YOUR ON?

REMEMBER LYING IS A DISFOLLEWSHIPPING OFFENCE-----------AND JAH. KNOWS

MR. NONAME, LOCK ON YOUR E-MAIL.

• RR
    RR

Here are a few quotes:

"Would it be Scripturally proper for them to now marry and begin to rear children? No, is the answer, which uis supported by the Scriptures. ... Those Jonadabs who now contemplate marriage, it would seem, would do better if they wait a few years, until the fiery storm of Armageddon is gone..." FACE THE FACTS, pp. 46, 49-50

"There is no reasonable or scriptural injunction to bring children into the world before Armageddon, where we are now." Watchtower 11/1/38 p. 324

"A great crowd of people are confidant that great destruction is imminent, which has been a major factor in their decision not to have children." Awake! 11/8/74 p. 11

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

New Boy - you need to chill. On this board it is very common for someone to respond with the references that were asked for - even with no personal commentary.

Please, lighten up, or you may burn out the board :o)

closer

Solid stone is just sand and water, baby
    Sand and water, and a million years gone by - beth nielsen chapman

• chezza
    chezza

Good point here, how many of us know of brothers and sisters who had the nickname nuns, not until the new system, well i know of two such nuns who couldnt wait any longer and had children, i myself thought my kids would never go to school and now my oldest is doing her vce, imagine if i had waited.

• Imbue
    Imbue

This was my very first comment on this board a whole month ago. It's relative to this subject. This is what I've found to be the attitude among the bethlites that sacrificed having children:

There are many bethelites from ages 35–55 and still single at Bethel. And many more couples that sacrificed having children because the new system is coming very soon. Most of them have not acknowledged their anger and resentment. Because of this I’ve noticed a change attitude with the bethelites since ‘95.They seem to have reconciled that they have a superior position because of their sacrifice.

Their attitude is reflected in the way they rank us so called regular JW’s. I know of only one couple that openly admitted to me (not everyone else) that they were angry about their sacrifice; when the new generation doctrine was announced in ‘95. They seem to be the healthier individuals of the lot.

"If the head be corrupt, so also must be the members"

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

New Boy, sorry I could not respond sooner as i had to step away. But let me say that first of all, I feel no need to prove who or what I am, but the fact that I am even AT this board should clue you in as to my views. If you read any of my previous post I think you will see where I stand. I, like you from what I can tell from your post, have a long family history in the org. At this point, I choose to tread carefully and slowly as my deep roots, connections and circumstances in the org make it necessary at this point.

Remember, everyones circumstances are different, and just as I do not know the face behind your name, neither do you mine.

• new boy
    new boy

AXELSPEED IF WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE.

UNLESS YOU WANT TO SIGN YOUR NAME TO SOMETHING

SPEAK NOT

AND LISTEN WELL

AND DON'T PUT 5,000 WORDS OF WT BULL SHIT ON MY POSTINGS

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Settle down now!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

New Boy,

AXELSPEED IF WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE.
    UNLESS YOU WANT TO SIGN YOUR NAME TO SOMETHING

SPEAK NOT

AND LISTEN WELL

AND DON'T PUT 5,000 WORDS OF WT BULL SHIT ON MY POSTINGS

Just who exactly are you? You do not sign your name either. What is your name? Are you hiding too?

I know Axelspeed, I do not know you. JT asked if anyone had the article in question, Axelspeed kindly posted it.

This is a "community board." Axelspeed did not hijack your post. He was simply contributing to it.

What's your beef? Give him a break. He did nothing wrong. Remember, everyone here hurts over their life in the bORG.

DOUG KELLEY
    (Not Hiding Class)

FreePeace
    "The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest
    Who Am I? -How to Reinvent Yourself After Leaving the WTS

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

When my wife was pregnant with our first baby in the 1970's, a well-meaning and typically self-righteous sister told my wife how sorry she was for her, as we were having a child so close to the end of this system and the scripture says "woe to the pregnant woman and the one suckling a child" in Matt. 24. My wife was in tears.

That "baby" is now 28 and pregnant with her second child.

One of my best friends was told that he would never enter school before Armagedon came. He's now pushing 60 and dying of heart disease.

How many more examples of WTS nonsense do we need? I remember when the talk "Responsible Childbearing in the Time of the End" was given at the DC. It created quite a stir - and provided another excuse for daft, busy-body sisters to bad mouth the pregnant.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit