Wouldn`t it have made more sense for Jesus to excell in chemistry ,physics ,Astronomy ? or any of the other sciences ? instead of being just a craftsmen ?

by smiddy 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy
    smiddy

Lets face it, if Jesus had revealed to mankind some of the mysteries of the universe 2000 years ago , before modern science was able to catch up with it , then surely it would have been a bloody good indication he was indeed the son of God . I mean to say, it was through him that all things came into existence wasn`t it ? then physics , chemistry ,astronomy , would be a breeze to him .Information of this sort would surely have exalted his name above any other in this day had he been able to reveal such knowedge ,we all would have been beleivers .

The fact that God never inspired him to do so , and he never thought to do so ......??........just saying

smiddy

• prologos
    prologos

well, what would you perceive to be mankinds real problems? inferior telescopes? fermats last theorem? finding the missing link? Dont we see his teachings, as recorded decades after his death, as exellent guiding principles? finding ways to control and not to antagonize gone minds with guns? Whether his teachings are of divine origin or not, better to have them, then a man that pre-emptied all Nobel prize nominations. Give him the Peace price when his teachings are applied. blessings.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Or it would have made more sense if Jesus would have invented the movable type printing press. That way he could have established a publishing company to distribute his writings as widely as possible... oh wait, Jesus never wrote anything. Well maybe that would have been a better place to start. Maybe Jesus knew all this stuff about math, science, and medicine, but didn't know how to write.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

It’s one of the great tragedies of history that Jesus didn’t continue with his first career choice- he could have given the world some great furniture , instead of all those meaningless scriptures.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Jesus could raise the dead, give sight to the blind and calm storms. Seems to me he had a great grasp of the sciences in order to do that. So it is not that Jesus didn't know these things, it was just that passing it on to the masses wasn't the plan at that time.

When modern science is able to stop storms and raise the dead, then I'll be impressed. Jesus was exactly what he was supposed to be for that day and time.

Now, Christ returned in 1992. I'm expert in ancient astrochronology. I post all the time how the VAT4956 was really designed to preserve the original chronology of king Nebuchadnezzar II which had been distorted by the Persians prior to the Seleucid Era. But few are able to follow that. So you need really smart people to follow really advanced concepts, and it's just not out there in the general public right now. It's like someone who is a chess expert and someone who is not. A chess expert can look at a game in progress and understand what is going on; someone who does not know chess will jusst see some chest figures on a board and it means nothing.

Jehovah will accomplish his purpose using a few people at first, the masses will catch up after Armageddon.

So this concept of contribution is an interesting one. But look how much persecution others with brilliance got when they came forward. It was blasphemy at one point to say the world was not flat. So that world back there had no concept for modern science, communicating with them through miracles was more effective.

Besides that, God likes giving his special light to a select few while keeping others in total darkness. Thing is, those in darkness often love to be in darkness, so even if you try to educate them, they run from the light. So what good is knowledge if people want to remain ignorant?

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I was reading about the translation of "Carpenter" seemed it should have been translated "builder" or "general contracter".

Point is he NEVER BUILT ANYTHING or told his apostles BUILD ANYTHING. He easily could have had a "barn raising", at least built a chair.

Quite the opposite of the modern day Watchtower and churches.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The fact that the story claims he was a craftsman speaks much better to the "humble beginings" cliche of prophets.

• cantleave
    cantleave

All he had to was say something like, £ You know what dude, you illness is cause by yiny little living creatures that you can't see" and I would belive that he exusted and is the son of god.

The fact he perputuated the myth that disease was caused by Demons, makes me think he was neither the son of god or a healer/

The only people who read these stories and see "miracles" are idiots.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think he should have been a rocker. Played lead guitar

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think he should have been a rocker. Played lead guitar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit