Hard Boiled Eggs Cannot Be Peeled . . . Ever!

by compound complex 24 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
  • minimus
    minimus

The Gladiator represents it as well as can be. It isn't that hard CoCo. An area supermarket sells 4 already peeled in a little egg container. That might fix the problem.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Why do I have the feeling CoCo was speaking metaphorically....

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Peel them under running water. The water will help lift the membrane so the shell comes off in larger pieces.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I put 2-4 eggs into a small pan of water, cover and bring to a boil. After three minutes I turn off the heat, take one out, run cold water over it and scoop out the inside with a spoon for a soft-boiled egg. The rest I let sit another 9 minutes, then immerse in cold water and then refrigerate for HB eggs. They turn out perfect every time - no dark ring around the yolk, no cracking/white seeping into the boiling water, not overcooked.

• Emma
    Emma

Agree with Hermano. You need eggs that have sat around for a bit, a little mellow, like me.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I always set aside a carton for a week or so, and they become the boilers. They always slide right out of the shell.

• Leolaia
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

I prefer them over medium

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Keep some hummus and ak-mak crackers around. Perfect 3:00 a.m. snack. Tear open the crackers, open the hummus, use crackers to scoop hummus. Yummm.

Or toast. Nearly burnt sour-dough toast with butter. You can make that in your sleep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit