Hard Boiled Eggs Cannot Be Peeled . . . Ever!

by compound complex 24 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, Friends:

It's nearly 3:00 a.m., and I needed a midnight snack.

I didn't want to fry an egg so I tried to peel a couple cooked eggs. This really is my last time. No matter what heartfelt advice and careful instruction I've read or received personally, hard boiled eggs never can be successfully removed from their locked-on cases.

Your condolences are appreciated, but don't bother offering helpful tips. No one on the planet can remove an egg's shell without permanently scarring the hapless egg.

The beautiful and perfect deviled eggs I've enjoyed in the past just came that way . . .

Thanks anyway.

CoCo

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL coco...I hate to tell you this....but, I have no problems peeling eggs. on the other hand, peeling onions always makes me cry...

I have no useful advice for you...because I'm probably just a natural...sorry.

• Hermano
    Hermano

It's not you, it's the eggs. The fresher the egg, the harder to peel.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

Try boiling them with some baking soda in the water. Then peel them before they get too cool. Supposedly cooling them down with ice water also helps, but I find once they are completely cooled off, they get harder to peel again.

Peel one end of the egg off. If you do it right, they'll almost fall out of the shell on their own.

Some dude made videos about peeling hb eggs on YouTube. If you want, look for the video for detailed advice.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Sorry to disillusion you, Coco, but ever since my father taught me how to shell and peel my own eggs at about the age of three, it's been a doddle for me.

There's a difference between shelling and peeling. Underneath the shell is a fine skin, and the secret is to get that off carefully, usually with the shell at the same time. If you miss that, then the neat job is harder.

Never needed bicarbonate of soda!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

He met an egg he couldn't peel

Although he tried with lot's of zeal

The tiny fingers of the egg

Locked in place would not unpeg

The sweat was pouring from his brow

He felt he must succeed somehow

The egg would not release it's grip

It's body then began to rip

A tragic scene it was that night

And all he wanted was a bite

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I peel onions whilst keeping a small piece of bread in my mouth. Stops my eyes watering for some reason :)

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Coco, When the pot comes to a boil, put a lid on the pot and turn off the stove. Let the eggs sit in the covered pot for 10 minutes.

After 10 minutes, pour out the hot water. Add some cold water to the pot and get ready to peel them while they are still hot! The shell comes off in one piece!

Good Luck!

• Glander
    Glander

unsolicited tips

1. temper the refrig. cold eggs in warm tap water while waiting for water to boil.

2. never put eggs in the cold water and let it come to a boil. This will overcook them for sure.

3. gently lower eggs into boiling water and cook 11-12 minutes only.

4. remove from boiling water and immerse briefly in cold water.

You can peel them straightaway or mark with pencil and put them in frig unpeeled until ready to eat. They will keep several days.

In elementary school a pal of mine always brought a HB egg in his sack lunch. He would crack it on his head and then peel it. I took a raw egg to school and switched it with his HB egg. We watched as he broke the raw egg on his head.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

We always keep a few HB eggs on hand for quick protein. Mr Bee has the same complaint, however - his big fingers cannot seem to finesse the shell off without taking big chunks of eggwhite. It must be an art - I have no problem making a quick job of it.

If only I could master my IPhone, IPad, IPhotos so easily! IGiveup!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit