10 things that happened in 2012 - my review

by cedars 29 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Nice review.

Only last week my contacts in the know were remarking how Anonymous (or various hackers loosely grouped under the banner) are still bombarding WTB&TS servers. They will be lucky to get anything, however, as the society has taken steps to remove any incriminating info well away from network accessible PCs.

Apparently the FBI were in as well and, as usual with any worldly agency, were overwhelmed by the extent and professionalism of the org's protection mechanisms.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Nice review Cedars.

And whaddya know... Armageddon did not arrive. I'm... I'm speechless. We do still have a couple weeks left in the year ... that is, if we make it past the much anticipated Mayan 12/21/12 date (which will be another non-starter... just like May 21/12 was).

I wonder what 2013 holds for the Botchtower?

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Thanks, Cedars! Can't wait to see what happens in 2013! popcorn

• Fernando
    Fernando

The well written and informed review made me reflect on how humans will drink from a poisoned breast simply because they refuse to believe the one opposite could be any better...

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks everyone!

Problemaddict - here is the link to the FAQs section on JW.org...

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/

Billy - I agree, the reduction in magazine pages was significant.

Cedars

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

great job Cedars! once again you have given JWN a great thread worth reading.

My prediction for 2013?? - no more videos on DVD, all from JW.org. ALSO magazines half size. ALSO iPad's used in field service

OH WAIT!!! THEY ALREADY HAVE THAT ALL THOSE!!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Well done

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Thanks Cedar. Yeah....slight truth bend here....

Do You Feel That You Are the Only People Who Will Be Saved?

No. Many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation. The Bible explains that in God’s promised new world, “ there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous. ” (Acts 24:15) Additionally, many now living may yet begin to serve God, and they too will gain salvation. In any case, it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved. That assignment rests squarely in Jesus’ hands.—John 5:22, 27.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Thanks for the review, cedars, I picked an interesting year to wake up! Say, whatever happened to the Anonymous claim that they had the list of reported sex offenders and were working to decode it? Just bluster after all?

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Apognophos! Yes, you picked a very interesting year to wake up indeed. When we look back years from now, maybe we will even call it a turning point.

As to Anonymous, it's just a case of watching this space.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit