3/15/12 WT: Health Problems Causing You To Become Spiritually Weak? Then You Are Wicked.

by yourmomma 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

http://download.jw.org/files/media_magazines/e1/ws_E_20130315.pdf

check out the first study article in the march 15th study edition. it seems they are now stating that if you allow health problems to cause you to miss meetings or become inactive then you are wicked because you refuse to "get up" from being stumbled. also they seem to basicly be saying that any type of "injustice" you receive at the kingdom hall is just "perceived".

back in the mid 90's we treated sick inactive ones kindly and visited them and helped them with meals, etc. but it aint like that anymore. there are several elderly sisters that i used to help and visit who died about 5 years ago, im almost relieved for them as i cannot imagine how they would feel reading this after so many years of faithful service. JW's were never a normal religion, im not pretending it was, but what it is now is nothing like it was 10-15 years ago. back then yes it was a high control group, but at least in my hall there was love shown to the sick and elderly. but now in 2012 its a full blown distructive cult that casts aside and destroys anyone who is not running the tread mill at full force no matter what their cirumstances, cancer, missing limbs, blind, deaf, doesnt matter, you will run with the rest of them or be left behind. what an awful disgusting religion.

• sir82
    sir82

I've noticed that the cold, unloving, "if you aren't at the Kingdom Hall for every meeting, the only possible reason is that you are spiritually weak" attitude is permeating the literature, and our local BOE.

I have to imagine it is similar all over.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

• minimus
    minimus

They watch you. If you can't go to a meeting but you can go to doctor's appointments or maybe a little lunch afterwards, you aren't that bad!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

We used to have an elderly man in our congregation that every sister was forced to help with meals and house cleaning. It irked me, they could have easily organized 'meals on wheels' to come, and there were no brothers offering to clean his dirty house. This old brother was not in anyway home bound, he drove all over the place and flew to different places. There were other old people that were in need too, but they weren't cared for like he was. Did I mention that he was annointed? Finally, other old people started asking for services from people in the congregation, and the elders decided to check on getting socal services for them and the annointed brother too.

This old brother did have kids and other close relatives in the family that were JW's, I thought and still do think, that the family members should help out long before the congregation does. Many of the sisters who were coerced into helping worked full time, pioneered or were struggling single moms.

• Perry
    Perry

One brother who was raised in
    the truth said that for as long as he
    could remember, he had homosexual
    desires.
    ... By the time he was 20, he
    had become a regular pioneer andwas
    a ministerial servant in the congregation.
    Then he made a serious mistake
    and was disciplined .... This happened
    a long time ago, but he says: “At
    times I still have those feelings
    , but
    I don’t let them overtake me. I have
    learned that Jehovah will not let you
    be tempted beyond what you can handle.
    So I believe that God thinks I can
    make it.” This brother does not want
    anything to take him out of the race.
    He knows that life in the new world is
    worth whatever he has to endure now.
    He says: “Until then, I will continue to
    fight.”

This kind of garbage is just exactly why I left. This man's experience IS NOT what is described in the bible. The WT's response to SIN is to (1) Try Harder (1) Run faster (2) Jump Higher.

The bible offers VICTORY another way:

neither: fornicators, nor, idolaters, nor, adulterers, nor, effeminate, nor, abusers of themselves with mankind, ,
    Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
    And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus,

I left the organization because I HATE BEING A LOSER. I really hate it. I like to win. I could not deal with sin the way the WT perscribed. Little did I know then that the WT method guarantees failure, while Jesus Christ guarantees success.

• minimus
    minimus

What a waste! He wasn't even a member of the Faithful & Discreet Slave Class.

• Heaven
    Heaven

My Father is 85 years old and has dementia. He doesn't even know what day it is. He sleeps most of the time, can't control his bladder, needs help to do everything, and is wheelchair bound. His short term memory is pretty much gone. He has no license to drive, is incapable of operating a motor vehicle, and will never drive again. He has no idea what they are talking about anymore and does not have the mental or physical capacity to 'witness'.

This is what old age is.

So how is this being spiritually weak and evil?

Is he hurting anyone? Is he breaking any laws?

This is the kind of crap people write when they have no idea what it is like to be old, or infirm, or mentally or physically challenged to the point you need other peoples' help. This stuff is psychotic.

• minimus
    minimus

demons

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

perry i know what you mean there is no change because you cant be born again in the wt/jw. 2 corn 5:17 all things are new the old is gone!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I just started reading the farticle and got creeped out with this...

Sometimes a person sins because
    he has a weakness. He might make
    the same mistake over and over again.
    But Jehovah will still view him as righteous
    if he gets up each time, that is,
    sincerely repents and works hard to
    do what is right. God viewed the Israelites
    as righteous as long as they repented
    of their mistakes.

In Watchtowerland child molestation still isn't viewed as criminal. Sh!t like this keeps their doors open to welcome back "repentant" pedophiles. As Perry quoted, WT doesn't see sexual abuse of children as any more wrong than homosexuality, or a teenage dude touching his girlfriend's boob.

For example,
    we may think that there has
    been an injustice in the congregation.
    But really we might have simply misunderstood
    what happened or why it
    happened. Jesus corrects problems in
    the congregation in the right way and
    at the right time.

It seems reasonable that Jesus is trying to correct WT by letting it lose the Conti lawsuit, and they are being forced to liquidate real estate throughout the world because the time to correct things is now. Which is more important, following Jesus, or following an organization that claims to represent Jesus, but endangers the safety of children?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit