MSN report on false end of the world predictions includes JW's

by joyfulfader 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I thought this quote on MSN regarding all the interest in end of the world stuff because of today's date 12/12/12 and the 21st as the end of the mayan calendar.

"Figuring out when it all comes crashing down isn't easy, though. The Jehovah's Witnesses, for example, have predicted the end of the world at least four times, only to be forced to backtrack."

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

http://t.money.msn.com/investing/the-end-of-world-as-we-know-it

this is the link. hope it works. never tried this before.

• james_woods
    james_woods

And they should be well and truly called out for this, as they are the most prominent religion in existence today who has made proven false end of the world prophecy.

Far more prominent in this than the Camping guy, for example.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

what is also interesting about the article is that people can click on the highlighted part of the article and see the documented proof of the false predictions if one chooses to. most die hards would probably quickly close the link in face of the facts for fear of being "contaminated".

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

cool ... the article links to jwfacts.com

• sd-7
    sd-7

Wow! It's a direct link from the MSN article to jwfacts??? Cool! I feel so honored to somewhat know the guy via posts on here! Talk about hittin' the big time!

--sd-7

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Holy Sh1t, who is Jonathan Berr and how does he get to link directly to JWFacts?

Paul (JWfacts), great job, mate, whether you had anything to do with the linking, or ole Jonathan is one of us here.

I would encourage everyone to go to the article and click through to the link to JWFacts. May give some traffic juice credibility to JWfacts.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Woo hoo!!! Lovin' JW Facts!

The End Is Near!!!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Great find!

One of the turning points for me was a PBS special on the "Apocalypse," which followed many apocalyptic religions and predictions for 2000 years. Of course JW's were included. What it pointed out was each religion had its set of calculations based on the Bible, and none any more strange than JW's. I never knew any of this being raised a faithful little JW. It really affected me.

I ordered the tape and made some JW's, including an elder watch it. It didn't phase them one bit in fact they said they doubted the PBS show was true! I said well the segment about the JW's was true. They didn't care.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "..."Figuring out when it all comes crashing down isn't easy, though. The Jehovah's Witnesses, for example, have predicted the end of the world at least four times, only to be forced to backtrack." ..." OP

What, ONLY "four" times??? That can't be right - I think it's more like six times, at least...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit