Is The Book of Revelation All About Me & My Generation?

by ClubSandwich 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Londo111
  • Pterist
  • Chaserious
    Chaserious

Is The Book of Revelation All About Me & My Generation?

Well, obviously the answer depends on what you mean by "generation." Do you mean the era including the people living when you were alive, overlapping with the last people who were alive at the same time, overlapping with the people before that, and so on back to the Apostle John? It's got to be for somebody in that generation, right?

• ClubSandwich
    ClubSandwich

Christ Alone, thank you so much for sharing your knowledge about apocalypes. I find these kinds of writings fascinating, although I clearly understand how and why they were produced given the theology and mentality in antiquity. Such a different time from ours. We have been blessed with significantly more good science and empirical knowledge, helping us all on our journey looking for the truth. And so, I am a bit startled by the cottage industry that has been created by JWs and More, reporting that The Book of Revelation is all about me, and my generation. Could it just be a ruse to make money and sell books?

• flipper
    flipper

" Is The Book of Revelation All About Me & My Generation ? " No, it's not. It's about the apostle John's experimentation with LSD while in prison on the island of Patmos. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• ClubSandwich
    ClubSandwich

Flipper, I have to correct you on two counts. The prisoner who wrote Revelation was on acid and he was an obscure prophet who went by the name of John. But then in that time period, who didn't go by the name of John. Okay, Peter was a pretty popular name, even it wasn't your real name. Do you know how many guys named Peter, all claiming they were the real-deal Apostle Peter, wrote books in antiquity? More times that there are books in the Bible.

• Londo111
    Londo111

If we examine Revelation by the light of the Old Testament pictorial language and metaphors, it’s not that crazy or tripped out. It’s only crazy when we start taking it too literally. It's the most misused book of the Bible.

• ClubSandwich
    ClubSandwich

Londo, how can anyone argue that point. Maybe a bit too profound for many of us who are still handicapped with tons of information, that as Mark Twain says, "just ain't so." It's the big nasty gift we get if we spent any time being tutored by experts in JW theology, a special group who are world-class champions for misinformation.

• mP
    mP

Everybody thinks they are the center of everything. The jews thought God was helping them2000 years ago. Jesus of course only preached to them, because well because who knows what...the creator of the universe would not be so pathetic to be racist could he ? Then around the 1000 everyone thought Armageddon was around the corner and then 2000 or was that 1873, 1914 etc... Jesus, God is always looking out for them, in their part of the world.

• ClubSandwich
    ClubSandwich

Yes mP, it's all about Me! I'm more important than anyone else who has ever lived on what is now a very crowded planet. Now if I can get a group of say 7,000,000 people who believe that it's all about me, oops, I mean us, maybe I can increase my cash flow, at least for the few years that I have left here on this crowded planet. What do you think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit