"Shepherd" book published online by National Broadcasting Agency in Norway!

by Boudica 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Boudica
    Boudica

Wow, did not think this was possible... The whole Shepherd the flock - book available + some of the late BOE letters regarding child abuse policies and secrecy, published here by NRK (the National broadcaster in Norway).

http://www.nrk.no/contentfile/file/1.10660993!2010_ks10-e3vedl%20til%20slutt%20%282%29.pdf

Wonder how long it will be before it is removed?

And JW being top story, child abuse matters discussed from different angles.. Well done to those who have been able to make NRK interested and give it full coverage!

www.nrk.no

• Splash
    Splash

Ah, there it is - Page 38 section 20. If an elder has been involved in past child abuse, "this would likely disqualify him for many years".

Now we can all feel safe.

Splash.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

glad to have gotten my hands on this before it is taken down!!! Thanks Boudica and NRK!!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Likely disqualify him?

• ronwashington
    ronwashington

yup. likely. that was even in the november 2012 letter regarding pedos. It's fucking scary because the WT magazine itself clearly stated a brother who has been guilty of sex abuse will NEVER qualify for priviliges again.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

The more sites that display TTATT the better!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Lots of sickening elder letters at the end of the download too! Save this one to your hard drive while you can!

One of my all time favorites from the October 7th 2010 letter about spiral binding:

If he has another baptized brother who is not an elder do the work for him, the elder must watch while the work is being done.

Outside companies. unbelievers, or sisters are not permitted to do this work. The material in the book is confidential, and confidentiality

must be preserved.

LoL!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Wow I didn't realize they had a full expose front page on their site, trying to wade through it now with google translate...

www.nrk.no

Bad, bad day in Norway for the WTS!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

If the Norwegiab broadcasting service sees fit to publish this on its website, is there any chance that other nations' broadcasting companies might follow suit?

Can their attention be drawn to it again? Cedars, what do you think? I know you're doing your best to get things out into the open.

It seems to me that with all the Jimmy Saville stuff now out in the open, and other celebrities and minor celebrities getting caught in the wide net that's now out there, if ever there was any hope of doing so, now, more than ever, is the time.

One thing, though. While I was "in", I was told there is/was a JW at a high level within the BBC. Does anyone else know anything about this? If I have it right, the person is/was fairly senior in programme planning or scheduling, and I think BBC1 was mentioned as his/her area of most influence.

Pit would be interesting if anyone else knows anything about this.

I know the way to get things publicised in this country is very often when someone knows someone. If there is a JW influence in the BBC, now could be just the time to override it.

• cedars
    cedars

Chariklo - I hear what you're saying. The media machine is a strange phenomenon, and very difficult to predict or manipulate - as any PR guru will tell you. The situation in Norway is a perfect storm, because they can point to their own local victims coming forward, and tie this in with what's happening in America with Candace. Norwegians also seem to be far less reserved when it comes to tackling taboo subjects, even if it means offending one or more religious communities to expose injustice.

In the UK people still are overly protective of religious faith, and very sensitive about targeting and ostracizing a particular religious community even if the reason is justified - as we saw in the recent Daily Mail article sticking up for the "poor old" Plymouth Brethren (simply because the Charity Commission is finally starting to do its job and challenge the charitable status of cult-like religions). Jehovah's Witnesses take full advantage of the cloak of protection afforded them by public sentiment towards religious faith to operate without much negative media publicity. It's a hot potato that no newspaper editor really wants to pick up in case he gets his fingers burned.

I was watching the continuing Jimmy Savile developments on the news this evening, and I was particularly interested when an NSPCC representative came on urging people to phone in with ANY information that can be used to help protect children. I've personally had little joy with the NSPCC in the past year, but hey, maybe now the tide is turning? Maybe the Jimmy Savile thing has washed away some of that protective veneer of tolerance that the Watchtower society is hiding behind?

The only way to find out is to give them a call. The number is 0808 800 5000 . You can start by telling them about the October 1st letter and how it gives the Society free license to decide for themselves how matters of child abuse are handled and how this WILL affect congregations in the UK.

The more of us try it, the better.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit